PDA

View Full Version : Software for G-Throttle

cjellwood
11-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi all. I am very excited about the g-throttle because it looks very good for the price and will be respected in the sim pit even though it is not a full replica. It is kind of 'middle' ground negotiation between the highly expensive opencockpits £2000 version and the lame plastic toys that are available for £100.

Anyway to the point....

Last year i attempted to build a quadrant myself but gave up after getting a £500 bill just for having the knobs crafted :( But before creating the hardware i went ahead and solved a few software issues that were apparent with FSUIPC interfacing with a throttle. Below is the attachment showing the software at work. It does these things.....

1. Gets data from FSUIPC
2. Gets button/pot data from throttle unit (HID)
3. Monitors throttle position to stop reverse thrust being applied unless throttle position is 0
4. Stops throttle position data being sent to FSUIPC if Auto-throttle is engaged
5. Generally passes all data from the throttle unit to FSUIPC in a nice orderly fasion

The question is, does the G-throttle connect as a HID device? If it does then I cant wait to use it with my software! :lol:

Chris

dodiano
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
It connects to FS as a Joystick Controller basically! ANd can be totally worked through FSUIPC or FS! I do reccomend however FSUIPC!

regards,

Roberto