PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Jet Cockpit For Sale £695

No Longer Active
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Jet Provost Mk.3 cockpit section!

Bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jet-Provost-Mk-3-cockpit-section_W0QQitemZ110450722441QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CPV_Aviation_SM?hash=item19b7604689#ht_500wt_1101

Would make an excellent kids climbing frame lol!

BHawthorne
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Wow, they're pretty much giving that away. I'll be very surprised if that doesn't sell. Too bad I've never seen deals like that in the US. That thing would be sitting right next to my F-84F if that was listed in the mid-west US. :)

No Longer Active
11-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Look at it this way, you Americans have the best of the best when it comes to aviation gear on ebay. You have so much aviation gear on ebay US that your prices are so much lower and you have so much more of it. In the UK we have very few gems and we just accept what we are given...but pay the price.

Id love to live in America because you can buy Cessna cockpit sections all the time and cheap.....youd be very lucky to see that over in the UK....

As for Jets I must admit there has been a few on ebay lately, I dont understand why so many people are selling them now and all in a close period of time!

BHawthorne
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Look at it this way, you Americans have the best of the best when it comes to aviation gear on ebay. You have so much aviation gear on ebay US that your prices are so much lower and you have so much more of it. In the UK we have very few gems and we just accept what we are given...but pay the price.

Id love to live in America because you can buy Cessna cockpit sections all the time and cheap.....youd be very lucky to see that over in the UK....

As for Jets I must admit there has been a few on ebay lately, I dont understand why so many people are selling them now and all in a close period of time!

You need to realize the context of location though. I live in Wichita, all that GA is built within 10 miles of my house. It's all rather bland and boring to me. Heck they make 787 and 737 here too, so the big and small is all within a 15 minute drive. I spent an hour 2 weeks ago waundering around the in the 787 production line building at Spirit Wichita. It was entertaining to stand in the big 787 autoclave there just to see the size and watch the composite tape machines producing a 787 section 41. We both take different things for granted mostly because of our frame of reference and locations dictate it. These warbirds and trainers are a whole different animal though. I think they have much more character than the average GA craft. The problem with Wichita is they only build it. There is no end of life scrapping done around here.

No Longer Active
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Its all down to personal taste at the end of the day!

Kind Regards,

Alex