3g ram
nvidia 9600gt 1g
matrox tripelhead2go
using 3 monitors

i am not shore if this is how fsx works never really check the cpu usage
and i see that i its working between 75%and 100%:roll::roll:
and staying at 100% for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have all new drivers for
myvideo cards and and have expanded my vurtiral memory fsx gets a bit stick
some times too i also ran my antvires my qestion is that i beleve somthing is not working right!!!! and i got this cpu only for fsx every one saying that it is strong can any one help out???? is this hoe fsx works????? should i go to vista
as i am a fsx fan?????

Sean Nixon
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
If you are using XP Home, I think they dont support dual core processors. If that's true then you are probably not getting the full benefit of your processor in FSX. I'd go to Win7 rather than Vista.

spiro
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
i am using widows xp home should i go to w7 or should i go to fs9???or maybe
a new hand faster say 3.2ghz but the sad thing is i have lots of fsx addons
and i belive the grafics on fsx are much better as i have tryed fs9 but know i am setting up a sim network to be working only 1 aircraft and my pc is new really and i am a bite upset:cry::cry:

Gnorfie
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Antivirus should be off always when you are flying. And in the BIOS (if you know how that works) you can somewhere change the setting from single to dualcore.

You can also check some tweak solutions for flightsimulator, there you can find the best settings for your FS.

Benno

spiro
11-25-2009, 05:22 AM
dear benno thank you for the tip i am not shore how bios works but i will as my tech as for the antivires i will look and see how to close it when flying to see if that changes;) is it true that fsx uses only one core to run and dose not use the second at all???i also read that w7 works better with fsx is this true if so i will go with fsx and w7 i will let you know tonight how it runs thanks

spiro
11-25-2009, 05:50 AM
well my bios are in dual mode
my antivirus gose into game mode so it closes
now about twesking i dont know hoe to do that my main consurn
is that if i change my cpu and get a bigger will it be the same as usege i mean is that how fsx works??? so should i change and go with fsx???

Gnorfie
11-25-2009, 05:52 AM
If you don't know how the BIOS works: stay out. Turn off the anti-virus when you are flying, it will save you a lot of frames. About W7: i don't know about that one. I use XP and Fs2004, it works fine.

ryanf
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Spiro,

regarding your question about whether 75-100% CPU usage is normal for FSX - yes it certainly is! It will eat up whatever CPU you have. So I would not be concerned with what the CPU usage is being reported by the OS but rather what performance you get out of FSX. That is where the tweaks and tunings that the other guys mentioned comes in.

There is alot of tweaking that can be done in FSX to help performance.

/Ryan.

autocadplease
11-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Spiro,

I have had at least 5-10% increased performance using FSX with Windows 7 compared to Vista (and things load a lot quicker).
If you do upgrade, make sure you get a version of Windows 7 with the "XP Compatibility Mode" so any old Windows XP programs can be run without issues.