PDA

View Full Version : Seperation of morse codes in fs9

Condor449
11-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi,
does anybody know a solution to seperate morse codes and marker sounds in fs9 from the ambience sound?
I`ve asked in Pete Dowson`s forum if Esound is designed to do this, but it isn`t.
It must be a tool what splitt of wave files to diffrent sound devices...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Frank

Ronson2k9
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Do you have more then one computer running FS9 currently? I would think if you have 2 computers and only one is generating sound you could remove (turn off) the ambient sounds on comp1 and increase them in comp2. I know that's kind of a hard wire approach to the problem but would work if you have more then one machine running right now and aren't using the sounds out the second machine?

I don't think it can be done in software if you want the sounds to be sent out specifically to your other device. Only way that could happen perhaps is to take it out of the sim and add it as a separate piece of sound software running in the background.

If I may ask why would want to do that? That is separate them off. In actual flight with headsets on the sounds are directed through your headset I'm sure as all other warning sounds are.

I took a look at ESound. A pretty interesting piece of software but as you say there is no call out for radio beacon sounds. So AFAIK there is no way to send that info to another sound card on your FS9 computer.

I have FSX installed on my machine so I can't look at the sound.cfg file of FS9 currently if it differs from that. From what I can tell though it seems the marker sounds are hard wired into FS and not a separate sound. As it's a simple sound for the computer to produce (beep, beep) a wav file isn't needed. If it's hardwired into the sim then the only work around I can see is to have it coming out of a second machine? If you have one in use already this shouldn't be too bad. If not it could be an expensive use of one if you have no other needs in mind for a second FS computer.

I'm thinking you are wanting to increase the volume of the marker sounds without increasing all other sounds at the same time (in the ambient sound slider). Another approach to that would be to reduce the other sounds? If they are wav files? So that you could still increase all but beacon sounds would be louder. If the other ambient sounds are also hard wired you could be stuck though with the hardware approach...

I hope that helps.
Ron

Condor449
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Ron,
Thank`s for reply.

The reason for that is to get the marker sound and morse codes on the headset controled by the ACP (Airbus Audio Panel). The goal is to mix different sounds like ATC, markers etc. to one headset via one ACP, similar to the real Airbus.

To realise the project the sounds must be splitted. The second idea was to control these by offsets. But the published offsets tell me only the switching condition, not the code.

The only chance I see is to use the three offsets for the markers, cover them with an external program and play the soundfile externaly.
But as I said, that doesn`t work with the morse codes.

Peter Dowson
11-15-2009, 08:53 PM
But the published offsets tell me only the switching condition, not the code ...
But as I said, that doesn`t work with the morse codes.

The morse code is simply the Navaid's ID, translated into morse dits and dahs. You have the ID provided in FSUIPC offsets (VOR1 at 3000, VOR2 at 301F, ADF1 at 303E, ADF2 at 02DC). You simply need a look-up table for the morse sequence for each letter, then play the dots and dashes, or else a set of morse waves, one for each letter. The latter would be more efficient I should think.

Regards

Pete

Condor449
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Pete,

thanks for the information, I will try that...