PDA

View Full Version : FlyEngravity CDU/CPFlight MCP USB Support in Win7??

CrashEd
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone has either of the two working in Win7 (64-bit) yet?

I'm dying to get rid of Vista! (and pgrade my PC ;-))

fly_ebos
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
CDU: Windows 7 64bit recognizes it immediatly, no driver installation required, worked in FS2004 but subsequent rebootings always ended with BSOD. Only system restore solved this

MCP Pro: USB connection is not recognized, and manually installation of the drivers (from CP website) does not work.

Work to be done!

CrashEd
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the reply fly_ebos,

I'm assuming you are using the FlighSimLabs driver in FS2004? Or are you using a third party interface such as PM?

Anyone out there using PM/SimAvionics/FDS etc with this hardware and FSX/FS2004 in Win7?

fly_ebos
11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm using FSlabs for the MCP and the PMDG driver for the CDU.

I know FlightDeckSoftware is compatible with Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

Thomas

dnoize
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
MCP Pro: USB connection is not recognized, and manually installation of the drivers (from CP website) does not work.

Strange, Bart from flightdecksoftware tested the mcp in win7 and it worked !
Like your experience with the cdu, he did not need to install a driver, but it was recognized straight out of the box.

I havent tested the cdu myself yet.

Stef

CrashEd
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I havent tested the cdu myself yet.
Stef

Stef> It would be great if you guys could test the CDU as I'm looking to place an order for one in the next few weeks. I want to make sure it is Win7 compatible before I buy one as I'll be upgrading my PC to that within the next week or so.

I've emailed Paolo at CPFlight and he is going to run some tests on the MCP USB driver.

fly_ebos
11-10-2009, 03:07 AM
I got this info from Paolo from CPFlight regarding the MCP and Windows 7: the current drivers are compatible with W7 32bit, but not with the 64bit. The company providing the USB chip is working on 64 bit drivers and is expecting them by the end of this week.

Thomas

dnoize
11-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the update.

I will check with Bart from flightdecksoftware if he was using win7 32 bit or 64 bit software.
One of the members of KLM-VA is also flying the (old) mcp under win7 and he told me the 64 bit version.

This week i'm working with Paolo on finetuning our new ICS system (more news to follow soon) and i will discuss win7 compatibility with him also.

Stef

fly_ebos
11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Stef,

CDU works like a charm in Win7 64bit, auto recognition.
BSOD was unrelated.

All excited about ICS :D

dnoize
11-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Stef,

CDU works like a charm in Win7 64bit, auto recognition.
BSOD was unrelated.

All excited about ICS :D

Good news, didnt test in WIN7 64bit myself yet, but good to hear the cdu works.

Waiting for some pictures and then i will make a topic about the ICS launch :-)

Stef

CrashEd
11-10-2009, 06:34 PM
That's great news guys, many thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Looks like the Win7 install is full steam ahead ;-) Will be placing an order for the CDU very soon :-) Hopefully it will be a short wait for the MCP drivers...

What is ICS???! Sounds exciting and I don't even know what it is! Is it yoke-related??

flightdecksoftware
11-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi,

CPFlight MCP is recognized immediately upon connecting to windows 7. COM Port is created and my software can connect to it without any problem. As far as I know this is both 32 bit and 64 bit.

For the CDU I had to install the original drivers from Engravity in Windows 7 32 bit but it works perfectly.

ICS is the new Integrated Cockpit System from CPFlight. These are prints that are mounted directly onto the MIP and overhead and connected with cables. All switches and LEDS are in the right place. This means, no wiring and no soldering involved, aka plug and play ;).

fly_ebos
11-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Got my MCP pro to work in Win7 64bit without additional CP drivers.
All it needed was a run of windows update and a reboot.

Me happy! :D

CrashEd
11-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Got my MCP pro to work in Win7 64bit without additional CP drivers.
All it needed was a run of windows update and a reboot.

Me happy! :D

That is excellent news! :mrgreen:

ICS sounds awesome! Come on Stef, I'm dying to find out more :mrgreen:

dnoize
11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
That is excellent news! :mrgreen:

ICS sounds awesome! Come on Stef, I'm dying to find out more :mrgreen:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=93184#post93184

;-)

There you go ;-)

CrashEd
11-13-2009, 03:48 AM
Awesome :mrgreen:

TorbenJA
02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I am unfortunately not as lucky as you guys. The CPFlight MCP USB worked without problems with VISTA 64 bit on FS9, but trying to connect it on a Win7 64 bit generates an error 8021. Same cable, but I did update the firmware on the MCP, perhaps this was a stupid move. Otherwise I would say the problem perhaps could be related to the driver.

Does the newer MCP (MCP EL and Pro) also use a virtual com port?

Torben