PDA

View Full Version : Online flying How and where

kermit
10-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi, as my Cessna project comes along ,
I`m thinking of starting online flying ,
But I have no experience with it,
I`m looking for a network that incorporates ,GA flying I love to fly VFR or IFR when needed but with visuals.
Also small airports,and bushflying now and then
greetz

No Longer Active
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
I think that VATSIM will be able to cater for GA aircraft aswell the big jets.

I haven't flown online before, but I know people that have flown online flying Cesnna's.

Shoreham and Lydd in the UK are popular for GA flying, Lydd takes you from the South-East of the UK, straight over the channel in to France, and I guess from France you could fly to home to Holland or vice versa....

Your Cessna sounds like it is really coming along, next time i'm partying in Holland one weekend I will be happy to pop round and check out your flying machine!

Lol...

Nice one....Alex

t1dUs
10-27-2009, 06:51 AM
VATSIM and IVAO are probably the 2 biggest networks out there.
I only have experience with IVAO from which I can tell most of the traffic is IFR and jets, but VFR is usually welcome by the controllers.
I would give a try on the 2.

vybhav
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Friends

I have experience mainly on IVAO. The network encourages any kind of aircraft and IFR and VFR too. You would find various events and tours depending on the nature of your flying interest and of course controllers online too.

If you need any help to get yourself online on IVAO please feel free to PM me will be glad to help

Regards
Vybhav

o76o
10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a little experience of VFR on VATSIM.

I'm very new to the whole online thing as well and have found the controllers on VATSIM very helpful and friendly, well except one (maybe he was having a bad day?)

I usually use London-City on VATSIM as heathrow is packed with all the big iron, but I have used Heathrow a few times.

As long as you make some sort of effort to learn some terminology and when you first log-in, sit there for an hour or so just listening to how everyone talks and the way things work...

VATSIM has some instructions on their site that budding new pilots can print off and read.

Also do some print outs of the airports you plan to use, so when they give you taxing instructions you can look at your chart to guide you, because there will be no auto-taxi (or what-ever its called, my mind is blank at the moment!)

Hope this helps?

Onur.
:)