PDA

View Full Version : 2nd computer

Mathias357
10-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Hi!!

i want to buy a 2nd PC, where i can run Acrtive sky, squackbox, and the VRINsight CDU II

i want to buy an normal office pc for about 200€ at ditech (sorry no english version):

http://www.ditech.at/artikel/PCDBS04/PC-System_-_dimotion_Mini_BS04.html

i buy an HD4350 to build in to my current pc, but it dont works togetter whith the X850, so i will build in the HD4350

also an question to Wide FS, did i need an Router to connect the 2 PCs? at the moment i had an normal Modem (Speedtouch 546) whith was connectet whith 2 PCs

my Hardware:

Intel Core 2 CPU
6600 @ 2,40GHz
2GB Ram

i run FS on a own hard drive!

hope you can help!

Mathias

jmig
10-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Mathias! :) Welcome to MyCockpit

I don't run any of those programs so I can't say for sure, however, I am sure it will work. I ran a PIII 1GHz as a second computer for a while and it worked as a FSxPand client.

The problem for people like us with off the shelf computers is that they are built cheap and almost impossible to expand. You might be better off buying a decent bare bones system that you can later add to as needed.

As for connecting two computers, you can do it with just a cat-5 cable going between them. I use an inexpensive 4 port switch from Linksys. It works well and it faster than a router.

Good luck, I hope this helps you.