PDA

View Full Version : 737 Switches and Nobs - How Many???

shearder
10-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi all

Does anyone have the exact count of switches and nobs that re in a 737NG? Yeah, I guess i could open all the pictures i have and count them one by one - and possibly make a mistake - is there a place/resource i could go anc check to see how many switches are on the MIP/OH etc etc and the functions.

Also, I see some guys suggest using the default (FSX) 737 for their cockpits. What are people using??

Iyt would be stupid to do a full OH and MIP etc etc etc if the default 737 does not support a full start up procedure.

What plane are you useing for your cockpit?? It would be ludicris to build a whole cockpit with 200 switches when only 40 work - know what i mean.

Thanks in advance.

Steve A
10-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I was using the default 737 in fsx but since i reverted to fs9 i use pmdg, far better. As for switches, this is what opencockpits state you would require just for the Fwd Overhead

60 Switch caps
47 Big ON-OFF switches
15 Big ON-OFF-ON switches
8 Big MON-OFF-MON switches
3 30 degree rotary switches (12 pos)
8 45 degree rotary switches (8 pos)
8 Round switches buton
8 Switch black safe guards
3 Switch red safe guards
5 Pots 10K
22 Display digits 7 segments amber
2 Rotary encoders
154 Amber leds 5mm
12 Green leds 5mm
34 Blue leds 5mm

Hope it helps

No Longer Active
10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi steve can I just say I love your OH idea, definately a 10th if the cost of a new OH.

I have noticed that on your OH there is a glare/shine from the glossy acrylic, does this ever put you off?

I know on ebay you can buy a roll of ' Clear Matt self-adhesive film'.

Just an idea.....

Simply smashin setup you have, love the projection screen too, very innovative!

Alex

Steve A
10-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi steve can I just say I love your OH idea, definately a 10th if the cost of a new OH.

I have noticed that on your OH there is a glare/shine from the glossy acrylic, does this ever put you off?

I know on ebay you can buy a roll of ' Clear Matt self-adhesive film'.

Just an idea.....

Simply smashin setup you have, love the projection screen too, very innovative!

Alex

Thanks Alex, To answer your questions: Yes i do get a shine and it is off putting but remember its only an interim solution to a full purpose built overhead. I have no backlighting and only essential switches wired into a bu0836x card. Just looking at the above post and adding up the cost of all the knobs and switches is very daunting, Which is why i'll have a full overhead kit before the holidays in December. I have decided to plump for the Symulatory (?) kit. This one seems most cost effective for me as it has all the buttons,switches and leds etc included.
All i need to do now is read up on interfacing and powering the beauty.

No Longer Active
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Definitely agree with you for the poldragonet gear, very good value for money, its the cheapest I have seen so far!

Keep up the good work pal.

Alex

shearder
10-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks Alex, To answer your questions: Yes i do get a shine and it is off putting but remember its only an interim solution to a full purpose built overhead. I have no backlighting and only essential switches wired into a bu0836x card. Just looking at the above post and adding up the cost of all the knobs and switches is very daunting, Which is why i'll have a full overhead kit before the holidays in December. I have decided to plump for the Symulatory (?) kit. This one seems most cost effective for me as it has all the buttons,switches and leds etc included.
All i need to do now is read up on interfacing and powering the beauty.

HI Steve

I saw your build - EXCELLENT!! I see, as you said, "only the essential" switches. WHich switches are actually supported by the default 737? Particularly in FSX. I will wait for PMDG737x before i buy PMDG. Does PMDG support ALL switches, knobs etc? I would approach this as you did - only what i need and everything that "works" - i really can't affort to but switches and knobs etc that don't actually do anything at all - know what i mean! I would rather only use EVERYTHING i need and will/can use.

shearder
10-21-2009, 02:20 AM
I was using the default 737 in fsx but since i reverted to fs9 i use pmdg, far better. As for switches, this is what opencockpits state you would require just for the Fwd Overhead

60 Switch caps

Hope it helps

Hi Steve

I have been to OC site many times, and again this morning LOL, i can't find the info you just posted - i wanted to see what else i.e. MIP etc i needed.

Steve A
10-21-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/overhead-components-p-165.html?cPath=23_25_42

There you go ;)

shearder
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/overhead-components-p-165.html?cPath=23_25_42

There you go ;)

AH thanks mate!! A True gentleman as well as a damn fine cockpit builder