PDA

View Full Version : Help!! FS9 won't load!

Per Alm
10-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Help!:cry:

My FS9 doesn't start. I tried to reboot the computer several times but FS just doesn't start. It has ran nicely over the last months and yesterday it just won't load anymore. I had a problem with Simboards and got that fixed. Also I changed the viewpoint in one of my aircrafts....thats it.

I've been in this situation several times before and ended up having to reinstall flightsim. Is there any way to solve this problem without having to reinstall - I have thousands of addons so it takes weeks to reinstall everything:(

Best Regards

Per Alm

Bob Reed
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Delete the default flight and see if that helps.

Holclo
10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Try a "system restore" if you are running Windows XP. That should fix it.
Bill

ak49er
10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Make a back-up of your FS9.cfg file,( some have a hard time finding this, make sure "hidden" files are selected to "show" then navigate to user-documents-applications-) then delete it. And then try to restart FS9.

Just a guess.

PittsburghLever
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Also, if you can identify anything that has changed since you last successfully ran FS, that may give an indication as to what the problem is. I seem to remember that you can specify an option that will log out to a file what happens during FS boot. That may also help.

Per Alm
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you for taking your time!!

"I'm back online now" and FS is running again. I had to remove the FS9-cfg file. Now I have to go through the removed cfg file and manually change some parts of the new file. This doesn't take weeks like a complete reinstall would have since I have a lot of addons installed.

Can anyone recommend any backup/ghost software for windows!??

Best regards and again THANX

Per Alm