PDA

View Full Version : Which software do you use or plan to use on your "home cockpit"?

vybhav
10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
We are doing a survey to sense the various kinds of softwares used in home cockpit building. Request you to participate in this poll and of course your comments are welcome.

TasKiNG
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I am building a Learjet 45 and I'm using P8R for my ND, Efis, Eicas A&B & FMC and FreeFD for my PFD.
For the Standby Altimeter, ADI, ASI and the Crew warning panel and RMU's I have written my own software ( available to download ).

This gives me everything I need for Zero cost :)

davemckee
10-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I use FSXpand for several reasons. I am on a fixed budget, and rankly can't afford the outragous cost of PM. I have had NO trouble with FXpand, and they are consistantly improving their product, and it looks good. As a new simmer I am entirely satified with their product. Thanks Dave McKee

Hessel Oosten
10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Strange that in the avionics poll ***767 Level-d*** is NOT mentioned.

Only few people did realise that it *IS IN FACT* a full avionics suite !
But because it's so cheap, it seems not to be recognized.....

There is an active 767 building community using this "suite".

Hessel

Matt Olieman
10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
If you think another software package should be on list, do as Hessel did, post it. Perhaps will do another Poll in the future with your recommended items.

Matt Olieman

KLM077
10-14-2009, 06:13 AM
FsXpand is flexible to use and has a nice price.
PM is currently too expensive for what the software is offering.
There are many companies now offering the same functionality quality for a fraction of the PM.

Cheers

Bas

PS: Others : VasFMC, FreeFD, and stuff below from Tasking ;-)

Matt Olieman
10-14-2009, 06:20 AM
I noticed 26 say others, certainly would like to know what those others would be. :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

mnovak22
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
For people on a tighter budget, I think vasFMC is a great piece of software. It definitely does not have all the functionality that others may have, but for me it is sufficient and since it is free, I cannot complain at all.

PittsburghLever
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I noticed 26 say others, certainly would like to know what those others would be. :) :) :)

I would be one of those "others" :)

I am intending to write the whole suite of software myself. I have to admit that I am close to having 10 thumbs (well, maybe not quite 10, but certainly 9.7) when it comes to constructing stuff myself. I am hoping to make up for that by writing the software myself:roll:

Kennair
10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Well I am also one of the "others" and just use FS gauges customised with FS Panel Studio. No it can't be run across a network and therefore all has to run via 1 PC but the advantages it offers in cost and functionality is huge. And with the current state of PC hardware today its no great drain to run it all off one. It also allows me to fly several different craft in my sim with ease. If I were building a dedicated platform however I would go down the route of Simavionics or the like.

Ken.

PDT 200
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm another that voted in the others group. I use the FeelThere/Wilco ERJ-145 for FS9 and FSX. That is what my layout is based on. However I can and do use Dreamfleet's Archer and Fight1's C172 along with other general aviation craft.
My Pit:
http://www.villagephotos.com/utils/image.aspx?u=2006-3%5C1159387%5CDSC_2445Fltsimpaint1.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1159387/1987161

Kerbo
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I voted "other" because I am writing my own interface software for my GA sim.

My other hobbies include microcontrollers and programming so I get to have fun with 3 hobbies at once by building my own instruments/avionics and interface software. :D

Tomlin
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
FlightDeckSoft's JET45 Advanced Avioncis Suite for the Learjet 45.

N242AM
10-14-2009, 04:54 PM
OTHER Vote - Flight1 Cessna Mustang with undocked panels.

Adino
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Jet45 and custom build gauges

sbecker777
10-15-2009, 02:13 AM
I use Sim-Avionics because, for the 777 builder, there is no better software.

Steve

AAuhorn
10-15-2009, 04:56 AM
I also started building with LevelD. Great support and possibilities with lekseecon and OC hardware.

Greetings,

Andi

vybhav
10-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Thought should share some views on the poll so far. It is indeed very interesting to note a huge "Others". Yes we did miss out some softwares viz., Level D, etc.

It is indeed intersting to note most of the builders have varied solutions to their home cockpits.

Something to think about....

Regards
Vybhav

flyboy01
10-16-2009, 06:46 AM
It is a pitty you can't vote on 2. I voted Project magenta, but I also use TSR software. There is so much software out there and it is hard to choose just one. It is all based on a user requirement. (how detailed you want your sim experience) I also plan on using more software later on down the track. The same can be said for hardware as well. Although I use FDS interfaceit cards as a major part of my sim, I also use open cockpits and will also use Phidets cards as well for other aspects of my sim. All in all a hard thing just to choose just one.
Just my 5 cents worth anyway
Cheers and happy landings
Trev

ran56
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm also one of the others.
LevelD + OC cards + Lekseecon + one plasma card for the TQ.

kiek
10-17-2009, 04:17 AM
I'am also one of the "others" (although I looks like the others have the majority):

Level-D 767 (full avionics suite) + Opencockpits hardware + Opencockpits SIOC + Lekseecon (and the Level-D SDK)

The best choice for a heavy jet in my humble opinion. Cheap, mature software, digital intergace (no key strokes, no key2mouse) all systems available, no dummy switches, no dummy annunciators, ...

What more could one ask for? ;-)

jaspar
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
due to my tight budget i to am planning to use fxspand it gives 90% of the generic gauges i need for my Bae hawk.

David Withers
10-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Project magenta....been in the game longer than anyone. just for that alone.

vybhav
10-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Dear All,

Many thanks for participating in the poll. The results have indeed been interesting. I atleast didnt expect 'others' to top the list. This obviously means there are other great softwares like the Level D and also many customized solutions developed by individuals.

This is what makes our hobby very exciting.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Regards
Vybhav