PDA

View Full Version : G1000 software

den19
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I am looking for software for the G1000 which can be from a second slave pc, probably via FSUIPC, to link in to FSX.
Does anyone know of any, other than PM?

Den

autocadplease
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I am only aware of PM GAGC as a stand-alone program. Many here run un-docked panels and seem to have reasonable frame rates.

den19
10-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. I really want to run it on a second pc, so I guess PM is the only option.

Den

N242AM
10-10-2009, 06:11 PM
As mentioned before in another post, do your homework on PM GAGC. The software is far from complete. There hasn't been an update to the software for almost 14 months. That tells me PM is not interested in supporting the product that people have paid for or about to pay for.

autocadplease
10-10-2009, 11:58 PM
I know PM hasn't updated GAGC lately, but when I purchased the Boeing PFD/ND in 2001 it wasn't what it is today - but I have received free updates for 7+ years.
I still think the GAGC will come around because it is becoming a common avionics suite in a lot of aircraft.

Kennair
10-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Mindstar Aviation (http://www.mindstarprods.com/aviation/) make a comprehensive G1000 addon but it doesn't currently run over a network, just an addon gauge to FS. The beta version does incorporate keyboard functions so it can be run via hardware for sim builders. Also Flight1 is producing a G1000 panel from their Flight1 Tech (http://www.flight1tech.com/g1000.asp) site which I understand from Jim Rhoads will run over a network.

Check these out.

Ken.

den19
10-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the heads-up guys.
Am currently downloading the PM trial version as I type but will bear both comments in mind. No doubt, knowing PM, it will be very expensive anyway!.

Ken, I just looked at the Flight1 site and forum but there are no release dates yet, but I'll keep an eye on that one.

For now I'll continue to use my Peix GA Panel software and the old fashioned gauges.

Den

daviddean
01-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Hello,
The G1000 simulator software requires a reasonably powerful Windows XP computer with a graphics card, such as those available from Nvidia and ATI. Many if not most desktops computers do not have a plug-in graphics card and instead use an integrated graphics chip on the motherboard, such as an Intel graphics chip.