PDA

View Full Version : The K.I.S.S. Pilatus/Generic GA Sim

mkitch
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, after much research I have decided to bring the old slogan "Keep It Simple Stupid" into consideration. My first REAL enclosed simulator will be a generic single engine. I would like to replicate the Pilatus PC-12 as much as possible though not being necessary.

I have definitely decided to NOT use the 52 inch projection TV as it is connected via S-Video and we all know the resolution for that is too small, making the image blurry.

This idea still stands: http://simsations.net/images/sept_09.jpg

I plan on building a dash under the 17 inch displays to house the gauges. The monitor I have now is really small, I won't have room for engine instruments. When I get money I plan on using 2 SLI video cards allowing the use of 4 displays. Then I will have 2 monitors cut into the dash, instead of one.

If anyone has any input for me, I would appreciate it very much. Money is something I do not have, I was injured in a car wreck a year ago and am now unable to work. But with what I have, I think I can build something decent.

Thanks for looking!

- Matt

No Longer Active
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi,

MyCockpits very own Kennair has built the Pilatus PC-12

His website is:

www.kennair.com

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Cheers,

Alex

mkitch
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey Alex, thanks for the reply. I've been zooming in and out of these pictures for a couple of weeks. I can't create something as good as that, but I can still learn a lot from his build. Im going to get working on it and post some pictures, so when I get stuck, you guys can help me.

Let's build this Simulator together MyCockpit community! :mrgreen:

No Longer Active
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
No worries mate!

I have plenty of experience with GA builds so I can sure help you with your project in 1 way or another!

The GA forum has some very dedicated GA members that will help you too!

Your in the right place!

Look forward to your progress!