PDA

View Full Version : Computer Configuration

vybhav
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Dear Friends

So I have now decided I will go for FlightDeckSoftware to run my home cockpit. Besides the main computer, I will run the system with three computers, which will be for:

a) Computer 1 - Upper EICAS and Capitan PFD/ND
b) Computer 2 - Lower EICAS and Co-Pilot PFD/ND
c) Computer 3 - Overhead and Other Instruments like TQ, MCP, EFIS

The Configuration, I propose to use in each of the computers are:

CPU - Intel Dual core 2.6 GHz
Motherboard - "Intel DG 31 PR
HDD - 160 GB SATA
RAM - 2 GB
Cabinet - I-BALL 2241
DISPLAY CARD - 1 GB 9500GT XFX

The cost for the above config is around Rs. 16,200 (USD 330).

If I was to replace the processor with Intel core DUO 2.93GHz and 1GB 9600 GT XFX, the cost will increase by USD 100

Can you give me your feedback on this config for the intended use.

Thanks in advance

FXP1803
10-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Hey Vybhav ,
to have I great performance and framerate it is important, which kind of flight simulator you intend to fly as the basic program. But first of all it is important to know which add on's you have and which airplanes you intend to fly. Because if you have many add ons for the FS9 then your hardware is sufficent. If you want to fly in the FSX surrounding then you must have a hardware with a CPU with dual cor and a minimum of 3GHZ. But if you want to fly a B737 with a good virtual cockpit and a good flight model, the only good software for a Boeing 737NG is PMDG. There is no such good performance and realistic aircraft B737NG for the FSX....
Always three greens from Michael

vybhav
10-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Dear Friends

So I have now decided I will go for FlightDeckSoftware to run my home cockpit. Besides the main computer, I will run the system with three computers, which will be for:

a) Computer 1 - Upper EICAS and Capitan PFD/ND
b) Computer 2 - Lower EICAS and Co-Pilot PFD/ND
c) Computer 3 - Overhead and Other Instruments like TQ, MCP, EFIS

The Configuration, I propose to use in each of the computers are:

CPU - Intel Dual core 2.6 GHz
Motherboard - "Intel DG 31 PR
HDD - 160 GB SATA
RAM - 2 GB
Cabinet - I-BALL 2241
DISPLAY CARD - 1 GB 9500GT XFX

The cost for the above config is around Rs. 16,200 (USD 330).

If I was to replace the processor with Intel core DUO 2.93GHz and 1GB 9600 GT XFX, the cost will increase by USD 100

Can you give me your feedback on this config for the intended use.

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I agree. I am yet to decide on main computer that will run FS9 for the time being and for budget reasons may run with my high end dell XPS laptop and upgrade to a good computer later.

Update is for the other systems viz., PF/ND, RICAS i have purchased the 3 systems this evening.

Cheers

Posted via Mobile Device

musbitlym
10-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Hey Vybhav ,
to have I great performance and framerate it is important, which kind of flight simulator you intend to fly as the basic program. But first of all it is important to know which add on's you have and which airplanes you intend to fly. Because if you have many add ons for the FS9 then your hardware is sufficent. If you want to fly in the FSX surrounding then you must have a hardware with a CPU with dual cor and a minimum of 3GHZ. But if you want to fly a B737 with a good virtual cockpit and a good flight model, the only good software for a Boeing 737NG is PMDG. There is no such good performance and realistic aircraft B737NG for the FSX....
Always three greens from Michael

Now I understood the problem that you discussed here. It is helpful for me and everybody.:runaway: :|