PDA

View Full Version : MCDU panel

mnovak22
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Hello all,
I have finally completed my hardware implementation of the MCDU using FSBus, but to complete it I would really like to use a panel that looks more professional than the hardware that will be lying underneath it.
So far the only MCDU panel I have found is that offered by opencockpits. It looks fairly good, but just wanted to ask if anyone is aware of another manufacture that I could compare it with? I am only looking for the panel itself and not a functional unit as of course I am hoping to use my own hardware.
Thanks in advance,

Michal

mnovak22
10-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, since I still have not got any responses, my next thoughts are on trying to make the panel myself.
It would be easy enough to design in a simple cad program, but I do not have a cnc machine to make all the cuts look good.
Does anyone have any experience with custom cutting companies? I have researched a bit and it seems that if I just send them the drawing and the material they can cut it for me.
Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Michal

Geremy Britton
10-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm sending you a PM.

mnovak22
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Since I am still searching, I came accross this panel from hispapanels:

http://www.hispapanels.com/paneles/product_info.php?cPath=56_28_29_41&products_id=173

Does anyone have any experience with this panel or other panels from them?

Michal