PDA

View Full Version : phidgets 64 led

jackel902
09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi I am in need of some help
I have this card and I am using fs2phidgets. I can not get my mip lights to work with fsx. The lights light up when i test led thru fs2phidgets but it will noy read when i am in fsx. i have not been able to find any text or pprogram that i would add in there. I am also using a phidget 8/8/8 for my throttle I got that to work but when i pull back on my throttles my rev thrust kicks in even when i have it set up for my tq. can any one help please thx Jeffrey

JBaymore
09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
You need to have FSUIPC for FSX installed also. Do you have that running?

best,

............john

jackel902
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Hello
Yes i am running fsuipc, fs2phidgets and of course the phidgets manager. Is there something i am missing?
thx jeffrey

CocnutAir
09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Jeff,

Did you read the help section on setting null zones and setting range of travel for sensors(analog input)?

What is lo and hi value for FS Variables you are using for thottles?

Is that, yes, you are using fsuipc, but, no, you are not using fsuipc for fsx?

Regards,
Alan.

jackel902
09-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello
Yes I am using fsuipc when fsx is on. the hi in fs2phidgets is 16384 low is -4096. that is how it was set up. should i change the low to 0? I did get my lights to work now just not in order how they should like the real thing. It is coming along slow. I guess because i have never deal with programing before so this is all new to me. thanks for all the help Jeffrey

CocnutAir
09-29-2009, 12:42 AM
You're making progress, Jeff.
Keep plugging away. Some of this sim stuff takes a bit of work,
but one day you will be able to stand back and say,
"I made that!". Like Tom Hanks making fire in the movie Castaway.

Wanted to make sure you had FSUIPC 4.45.
Earlier versions don't support FSX is my understanding.
John will correct me if I have it wrong.

You can change the FSVariable settings for the throttle lever.
In MS-FS the full throttle range is 16383 thru -4096.
Zero is the null point.
The throttle range is 0 to 16383
The reversor range is -4096 to 0.
If you want your lever to only be a throttle,
then set range Min value to 0.

I would recommend getting hold of the FSUIPC documentation.

Regards,
Alan.

Holclo
09-29-2009, 03:12 AM
I would just like to say a big welcome back to Alan. Thanks for all your help in the past and take it easy- we need you!
Bill

JBaymore
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Wanted to make sure you had FSUIPC 4.45.
Earlier versions don't support FSX is my understanding.
John will correct me if I have it wrong.

Correct on that one, Alan.

And Jeff, the FSUIPC docs (all of them) contain a wealth of information that can be daunting to wade thru, but are a real "must read" and "must understand".

When you understand FSUIPC at least a little bit.... you become amazed at what it can do for your sim. The things it can do the toe weather alone are worth the cost. And that is just a tiny fraction of its functionality. It is the "swiss Army Knife" of flight simming.

And again Alan.... welcome back and THANKS for what you do with FS2Phidget.

best,

............john

jackel902
10-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi Alan
I am not running 4.45 I am running the 4315 that is what you sent me that worked on mine. The one i downloaded on mycockpit did not work it said i needed a new phidgets.msi but i had the new one from there site.
Thanks Jeffrey

CocnutAir
10-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Jeff,

Just want make sure that you have it working.

Regards,
Alan.

jackel902
10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Hello,
Lol So i missunderstood you i thought you were talking about fs2phidgets. Yes I am running the newest fsuipc. It seems the problem i am having now is with the lights.I have most of them going there are a few i need help with, if anyone knows how i assign these to make them work would be great.
Le flaps transit, Le flaps ext, A/P p/rst , A/T p/rst, FMC, Below G/S, P. inhibit, Auto break disarm, Anti skip inhop, Stab out off trim.

these are the only ones have seem to not find. Also have gear lights working but they dont go quit in order going from green to red. any help would be great in this part. Thank you very much Alan for all the help you have given and Holclo and jbaymore. Becasue of you guys it is possible for people who dont know alot to get things done. Thank you Jeffrey

JBaymore
10-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Jeffrey,

One of the issues with flight sim is that variables for all of the various aircraft systems have NOT been modeled as "stabndard" by Microsoft. I can't make suggestions here for your case because I am a fs2004 user. So I don't know what "stock" variables might have been added to FSX. But stuff like leading edge status is not something that is routinely available in fs2004.

Add-on aircraft makers oftern create thjeir own systems "outside" the core FS sim engine. Thes usually are not "available" to monitor.

To get those functions, you might have to do some FS2Phidget variable creation and use something that IS monitored (accessible via FSUIPC) to "fake" the correct lights coming on at the right times.

best,

.............john

CocnutAir
10-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Jeff,

I am in same position as John. Also a FS2004 user.
For LEDs I created an FS Variable from the LEFT_FLAP_DEFLECTION and set the lo and hi values to be less than the full range of travel. The LEDs in the B737 tend to track the trailing edge devices fairly closely so this is an option.
Admittedly, the real aircraft have separate hydraulic systems. Not sure if FSX emulates this. Would be nice - one could then set up interesting failure conditions - stuck LEDs, inop LEDS, asymmetric extension and/or retraction, etc.

Hopefully, a kind soul will volunteer to send you their INI file.

Regards,
Alan.