PDA

View Full Version : Homemade 737 Throttle Quadrant

davemckee
09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Being on a fixed income I recently purchased a Home made 737 TQ. The workmanship was great, and the price was right. It had been removed (working) from a sim due to the owner passing away. When I pluged it in (USB) to the computer it interfaced with Phidgets, and it shows a phidgets full interface card is driving it. My problem is FSX does NOT recognize the TQ. I am new to simming, and a computer dumb person. Same with the phidget64 card I was recommended to purchase for my M.I.P., I didn't know that you had to write a script or I wouldn't have purchased the 64 card. Is there any program out there for someone like me that would get the TQ to work, or the phidgets64 to do what I need it to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philb737
09-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Hello there,
You need Alan Dyer's FS2phidgets software!!! Go to the file library and download FS2phidgets under :Hardware Interfacing Drivers and Software, sub folder "Phidgets"

davemckee
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for your reply. I am having trouble with the fs2 program. I had already downloaded it, when I tried to open it I got the message I needed to download the latest msi from phidgets. I had already done that, also and when I tried to redownload it ,upon trying to open it I got the message it's already in my computer and would NOT allow me to continue. I have VISTA and downloaded the 64 version...so I am stumped. Any advice would be appreciated.

jackel902
09-14-2009, 11:55 PM
having same problem. please help

Philb737
09-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Guys,
I just uploaded a Vista friendly FS2phidgets file under Phidgets in the file library,try that and let me know! Hope it works!!!
Phil

davemckee
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Lost my router so I was not able to respond. I can't download the file, it doesn't show up for download. I do want to say a word however. "THANK-YOU' and all who answered. It's great to be able to know there are fellow simmers who come to the rescue to help other newbee's as myself. I've been flying since 1964, but had to give it up for some health reasons, and frankly it's just too expensive. I know the initial cost for simming is up there, but once you have it completed it's up and away, and no more heavy cash problems. With the way things are going I hope to have everything complete by late Dec (of what year, well that remains to be seen) just kidding. I have very little patience for someone my age (63), I'm like a kid in the sense "I want it now" catagory, and I'm finding out very fast that just doesn't happen in this hobby. Anyway again a really BIG "Thanks" for all your help.

Philb737
09-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Hi Dave,
its my pleasure !!! The developer of FS2phidgets Alan Dyer is back!Without Alan this hobby would have not gone to this level of accuracy with simple boards and components!!!!I'm sure as soon as we have the new update your problem will be solved too!! Meanwhile, if I can be of any help to you please don't hesitate to send me a PM!
I like to personally thank Alan for his great program and support all these years:).
Thank you guys,
Phil