PDA

View Full Version : LCD Monitors

shearder
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi all

I am trying to figure something out and thought let me rather ask!!

For the PFD and ND and the EICAS/Standby guages - WHAT size monitors/screans are being used behind the "openings" in the MIP??

is it 17" wide? or 15" wide etc etc... i don't want to buy the wrong size and be stuck...

I have a 23" wide (front view) and 19" (4:3) and a 17" CRT... How would i use the 17" and 19"? Was thinking adding the 19" to front view and the 19"? **** who knows and what do i put behind the main panel for "glass" guages??

dvincent
09-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Shearder,

A 19" wide is perfect to show PFD and ND on one screen.
A 17" 4:3 will do for the upper eicas + standbye instruments.
A 10,4 " 4:3 for the lower eicas, next to the FMC/CDU

To give you an idea...

autocadplease
09-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Unless you plan on buying commerically built panels (which sometimes are based on using a certain size monitor), you can use whatever monitor will work. Sometime you have to position the monitors differently to make them work, but your 19" and 17" should work fine for your front panels.

shearder
09-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks a ton guys!! I was going to buy a new monitor today LOL so i am glad i asked first.

I have been trying to find some descent dimensions for the cockpit sizing - for the MIP etc so i have an accurate idea i can use - i am designing in Visio - I know it well and it easier than CAD LOL - even if it is not as functional - most everything i have done has been with Visio - i just have to create 3 views tough :)

What FREE software is being used for the gauges to be on each separate screen?

colemancol
12-09-2009, 05:33 AM
My two-year old 32 inch LCD TV monitor (Olevia) had a deep blue square on bottom right of my screen, I used it as my computer monitor for the last two years. I connected my laptop to it , it has the same problem. Please let me know what is the problem and how can I fix it by myself. I am pretty sure it is not worthy to fix it since its already out of warranty for more than a year

capetonian
12-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi all

I am trying to figure something out and thought let me rather ask!!

For the PFD and ND and the EICAS/Standby guages - WHAT size monitors/screans are being used behind the "openings" in the MIP??

is it 17" wide? or 15" wide etc etc... i don't want to buy the wrong size and be stuck...

I have a 23" wide (front view) and 19" (4:3) and a 17" CRT... How would i use the 17" and 19"? Was thinking adding the 19" to front view and the 19"? **** who knows and what do i put behind the main panel for "glass" guages??

Howzit!

I am using two 19 inch wide screens for my PF/ND and a 15" fopr the upper eicas, at the moment I have no screen for the lower eicas, .. I will need a 10 inc or 12 inch for that one.

Cheers

shearder
12-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses - though i am past this stage now let me just add:

I have now 2 x 23" displays for forward view and the 19" 4:3 i will use for my upper EICAS and standby gauges and flap gauge. Then behind the captain PFD/ND i will use a 19" 16:10 lcd. I am not building a FO side because, as far as i am concerned, i am yet to find a friend who love simming as much as me or at all LOL so not worth the extra expense.

Now with all of that said, I am not 100% happy with usuing 2 x 23" because when i span the bezel is in the way during taxi and landing. So i tried SoftTH and I got it working but it hangs the games at times when i access the menu bar at the top for options etc and i am only using it with 2 monitors because the graphics card only supports 2. This brings me to another idea - i am thinking of giving my wife the other 23", taking her 20" wide LCD and then buying a projector for my front view. the 1024x768 projectors seem a bit expensive though and I would assume an 800x600 is not worth getting and I have contemplated a TH2G but it has limitations and I am quite tired of not getting an expected result LOL after spending money...