PDA

View Full Version : FSLCD with OC LCD DISPLAYS CARD

shafian
08-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

I might be thinking the impossible here but then again there is no harm in asking a question. Has anyone tried using FSLCD with the Opencockpits LCD displays card.. The reason i ask this is because I would like to display OAT outside air temp on my LCD display. My FB cockpit is built around level D 767 with sioc and nico's lekseecon and the sioc code from nico.

I am no good at programming and thus unable to get the OAT on the display.. I know you can get this feature through fsuipc offset 0E8C.

I already have this in fslcd but cant get it using the oc software and lcd card due to my programing inability..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Happy Simming

Shafi

dnoize
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
why so complicated ?

you can use FSLCD with lcd's connected directly to the parallel port. (same type of lcd's OC is using).

So if you want to use FSLCD you dont need the OC LCD card. Only a parallel port.

Now most modern computers dont have parallel ports anymore, but the better computer retailers can supply you with a parallel port card. Maybe even usb to parralel converters will work.

The schematics to connect the lcd to the parallel port are available on the fslcd site as well.

Stef

shafian
08-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Exactly... I don't have a parallel port anymore and I have already bought the LCD card from OC.

However within your reply lies part of the answer to my question that fslcd wont work with OC lcd display card cuz its USB.

So throwing that away and buying a parallel port card is not an option for me. I just need to be able to program the sioc script and this would resolved.

And thats what i need help with.. even an exaple script to show how fsuipc offset is used within the context of displying information on lcd would be helpful as i can then try and improvise on that.

Hope someone out there can help me.

dnoize
08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Just in case you decide to go the parallel port route anyway: PCI cards can be found for less than 9$ on ebay, including shipping:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=parallel+port+card&_sacat=See-All-Categories

just in case you get tired of SIOC ;-)

stef