PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor for VC View

Fairford
08-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I use one 40" hdtv , flying in virtual cockpit view , which basically gives me the captains side / center of the cockpit. I would like to get another monitor and place it next to this one to display the first officer view, also in VC mode. My question is with two monitors, if I pan around the cockpit to look out of the side window, etc , will the first officers view also pan simultaneously with the other screen. Basically , I would like to look around in VC mode with both screens reacting together. I know DualH2go will only fool the video card into thinking there is only one monitor , and I dont think I can display two different views with DualH2go , because it basically just strecthes one view. Hope this makes sense. Any help or ideas appreciated as always.

korki
11-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi there, I just read your question and If I understand right you want to use 2 monitors merged as one to display your VC. I have done this with two 22" monitors. I have them connected both on my Nvidia Geforce 8600 video card (the card has 2 inputs) and den from Nvidia control panel I selected the display function (you can choose from clone, dual view, extended monitor etc). You can pan any direction you like with no problem! I believe that all NVIDIA card has the same capabily and maybe others too. All you have to do is check the manufacturer specifications. (the bad thing was that after that I wanted to make it work with 4 monitor (2x2) !!! but I stoped there! :-)
I hope this was helpfull for help you.

Makis