PDA

View Full Version : Leo Bodnar - Great News

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-18-2009, 03:23 AM
g'day chaps......
i just got a mail from the main man letting me know why he's off-line. now i get it :o
but the great news is, to quote Leo, 'But I will come back'.
no indication of when i'm afraid, but any news is better than no news........
so, i guess just hang on in there and be ready to order your X Board :o))
funny, you don't miss something until it's not there do you ?
have a great day chums ... ian

brynjames
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Can you give us a hint of why or would that be a breach of personal confidentiality?

--
Bryn

NigelD
08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Can you give us a hint of why or would that be a breach of personal confidentiality?

Does it matter?

Nigel.

CessnaGuy
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by brynjames
Does it matter?

It certainly doesnt.....he's back at the end of the day....

By the way Nigel....I come across your youtube videos on the leo bodnar the other day, I left a few comments.....I come across your videos by mistake, started watching them and realised who made them...you! lol

Good stuff, love the video about mouse macros on your Airbus overhead!

Alex

NigelD
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Alex,
I hope they were of some use or interest to you, and thanks for the kind comments you left! I put those up to try to help out other people - I guess it all seems obvious when you know how, but none of this hobby was 'obvious' to me a year ago. Even simple things like connecting a toggle switch! Interesting, the skill set you develop as you go along...

Take a look at my website for more info and progress photos! My cockpit is up and running, although in a very basic state at this stage.

Nigel.

brynjames
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Does it matter?

Well yes, I think it does. Anyone buying a crucial part from a one-man company is going to want to be sure that support is likely to be available when needed, otherwise a different supplier might be more appropriate. Leo's sudden disappearance might send out warning signals to potential purchasers if there is any hint that it might not be an unfortunate "one-off" event.

Leo has obviously engineered a wonderful product and many of you here have spoken of his excellent support - even if his presence on his own forums appears to have been quite patchy at times - so I hope Ian can give us some more reassurance. I should add that I was planning to buy one or two myself :)

We are all dependent on the wonderful FSUIPC from another one-man company. Although Peter has posted about his seriously deteriorating sight, he is always available on his forum except when he is travelling, in which case he lets folks know in advance. If Leo could match Peter's level of support, that would be excellent.

--
Bryn

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-19-2009, 01:13 AM
hello chaps.......
first bryn wrote 'Can you give us a hint of why or would that be a breach of personal confidentiality?'
sorry bryn, but i can't say anymore. however i can say that it's nothing untoward, just a personal circumstance. however i do take your point about notification, a very valid point.
enjoy your day guys ... ian

CessnaGuy
08-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Well,

He's back now and thats all that matters!

Get your wallets out!