PDA

View Full Version : Any news about Mike Carter?

mauriceb
08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Did anyone ever find out anything about Mike's disappearance from this forum? It's a pity that such a prolific & helpful forum contributor all of a sudden vanishes without anyone having any idea about his whereabouts or reason for his departure.

Maurice

Bob Reed
08-17-2009, 09:59 AM
There is no further news on Michael. All we know is that he is ok. It is a shame the the community seems to have lost such a talented and helpful member. All we can do is hope that some day he will come back

warvet
08-17-2009, 02:23 PM
But does anyone know why hes gone? If you know he's ok Shirley you must have more info?
And Sorry Bob I'll try not to call you Shirley :)
Tim

There is no further news on Michael. All we know is that he is ok. It is a shame the the community seems to have lost such a talented and helpful member. All we can do is hope that some day he will come back

Matt Olieman
08-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I talked to his neighbor and was told he would call or write me (This was around July 1st). I have not received neither and have no idea why he decided to leave.

Matt Olieman

CessnaGuy
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi,

To be honest in my view no person just disappears for no reason, so...there must be a reason for his disappearence, that reason I guess is a personal reason, and we should just take his absence as a sad loss and that we hope that in time he will come back.....

I think that if there is little suggestion as to Michaels whereabouts, and it has been confirmed that he is OK by MyCockpit staff then, with all due respect to Michael & the team, we as loyal and respectful members should respect that there is a reason for his dissapearence and I don't think it is right that we discuss known or possible reasons for his absence.

He is not with us at the moment, but I hope that he does come back. When he does come back then there should be no questions asked (apart from mycockpit related questions).

Respect for Michael Carter.

Alex

mauriceb
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi,

Respect for Michael Carter.

Alex

Please don't assume that any questions here showed lack of respect. Being concerned about a fellow member is totally normal, especially one who was such a prolific contributor to this forum. If a family member went missing, trying to find out what happened surely would be the normal expected thing to do and not sign of disrespect.

Maurice

CessnaGuy
08-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry for the confusion....my signing out signature ' Respect For Michael Carter' was a signing out signature in dedication for mike. not a criticism.

Please do not take this the wrong way.....for Michael sake!

I just added 'my view' and I fully appreciate everyone's concern......

I apologise for any misunderstanding that I have caused.

All the best,

Alex

Efe Cem Elci
08-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Cryin' shame... searched for Matt's old topic the other day when Mike came to mind and couldn't find it so I assumed that all was well and that Boeing Skunk Works was back among us... only to check his profile and see that he hasn't posted in a while now.

:(

fweinrebe
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe he is on a world tour with his B727 and is just leaving everything and everyone behind to find some new energy?

I sure hope he comes back.

CessnaGuy
08-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Maybe he's learning to fly? :)

Gsey
08-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Well, If what Matt says is true and that he really is ok, no medical probs etc but still hasnt written to the mycockpit staff .... screw him. It shows a lack of respect to Matt and the boys/gals of mycockpit and to all of us. He relied on the help of the membership here to build his sim just as much as anybody else. Hopefully one day I will eat these words.

Gary

Matt Olieman
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Enough on this subject. I closed the other topic because it was over with. It's up to Mike if he wants to return and not having explain himself. He does not need to see this B.S. I think it would be embarrassing to him.

So the topic is locked and will be removed within a few days.

Matt Olieman