PDA

View Full Version : Backlighting color?

HondaCop
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I am in the process of putting back lighting on my MIP and was wondering what colors are used?

From pictures on airliners.net, it seems that the legends on the panels appear to be an off white sort of color but on other pictures, they look amber. How about the analog indicators such as the flaps and brake pressure? Are these white or amber?

Thanks in advance!

fordgt40
08-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Hondacop

I have also trodden this route! It is difficult establishing from piccies what colours are being used. Based on the majority of examples I have seen, rightly or wrongly, I am matching the backlighting on my FDS MIP panels and am using amber for the pedestal, overhead and all gauges.

Regards

David

HondaCop
08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Hondacop

I have also trodden this route! It is difficult establishing from piccies what colours are being used. Based on the majority of examples I have seen, rightly or wrongly, I am matching the backlighting on my FDS MIP panels and am using amber for the pedestal, overhead and all gauges.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Yup, I am going with amber as well. I found some NICE automotive 12v bulbs at Walmart, which are bright and since they are 12 volts, I can dim them via the potentiometers on the panel.

fordgt40
08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Hondacop

Good idea, it gives you full control. For the pedestal box I am using 3no special low energy (to reduce heat) dimmable mains voltage bulbs and standard light dimmer switches. I also have sprayed the bulbs to get the right amber colour.

Regards

David

HondaCop
08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Hondacop

Good idea, it gives you full control. For the pedestal box I am using 3no special low energy (to reduce heat) dimmable mains voltage bulbs and standard light dimmer switches. I also have sprayed the bulbs to get the right amber colour.

Regards

David

lol Nice! I guess there are a ton of way to skin a cat? hahaha