PDA

View Full Version : What is PM Fly By Wire (FBW)

autocadplease
07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
What is this new PM Fly By Wire program? I found it in the news section at Project Magenta and it can be downloaded at www.projectmagenta.com/latest.html

I cannot find any documentation as to what it is? Appears to just display data and joystick movements?

xlonglife
07-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Isn't this the Fly by wire support for Airbus?

Matt Olieman
07-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Must of missed that by a mile or two... I don't see it. Can you give me direct link to the file?

Matt Olieman

xlonglife
07-24-2009, 08:29 AM
www.projectmagenta.com/downloads/update.html

it's under "Airbus Type"" FCU/AUTOPILOT" dated 130709 "pmFBW.zip"

Steve

Jackpilot
07-24-2009, 08:33 AM
If it is what it sounds to be it is great news for Airbus builders....

Hope the 737 crowd can get the CWS function in the same vein!!

Bob Reed
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Must of missed that by a mile or two... I don't see it. Can you give me direct link to the file?

Matt Olieman

Matt, we played with it on your sim when I was out. It is built into PM. And unless this has changed (and it may have it's been a few years) it was not finished and was very unreliable. But to answer the question it is AB fly by wire that PM started.

Jackpilot
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Seems to me it is a new program...build 4
Check the "news section" in PM

Matt Olieman
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Jack, That's a new on me, wasn't aware they had that. Must be some beta testers out there.

Matt Olieman

Bob Reed
07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Jack, That's a new on me, wasn't aware they had that. Must be some beta testers out there.

Matt Olieman

Sunds like they have developed it. Matt go look in one of your FCU cfg files you will see the option to turn it on.

JonathanRichardson
07-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi

It is a basic (at this stage) freeware module to pull the FBW code out of the FCU. It can be refined and developed further in the future. There have been a number of updates to the Airbus software recently, and this is on-going. We noticed some conflicts also with FSCommunicator, a very advanced (and very good but complex FBW module) [now no longer developed or sold]) that can work along side PM which has promted a bigger research in this area. The aim is to some degree fill a bit of a gap here and to see how we can move forward with that part.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson
Project Magenta

luisgordo
07-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Good news! Please keep us posted on news/progress on this exciting module.

Indeed, this would fill a big gap in the Project Magenta Airbus suite.