PDA

View Full Version : 5" lcd

riche543
07-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi guys , havnt got as far as building my CDU/FMC for 737. But it seems the playstation one 5"LCD is very hard to come buy ,& if you find them there so sort after they become expensive. Anyways this link here http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/38810_Rock_Digital_Photo_Frame_5_TFT_LCD.aspx is for a 5" photo frame , My question being has anyone used the psone LCD for there cockpit building,& would it be possible to mod this one in the same way??? cheers....

flyboy01
07-20-2009, 06:54 AM
I am using one of the ps one screens in my setup and have another sitting here ready for my second cdu. They work really well. Not sure if the ones from the photo frame would work or not. You would have to some how get hold of one and remove the lcd and pcb from the frame, look at the conections. if you know someone who is good with electronics they may be able to figure out which 2 wires would give a composite video in. or even a vga in. Also try google and type in modify(model number of your lcd) for use with computer video. Something like that. You may be suprised at what has already been done at times.
All the best in your endeavours.
Trev

mrcadillac
07-20-2009, 09:21 AM
opencockpits is also offering a 5'' lcd for 85 €....