PDA

View Full Version : 737 audio panel - functions in homecockpit

GeorgS
06-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Dear friends,

I am just fishing for ideas how to set up the functions of the audio panel in a homecockpit.

Of course there are the "official" ones like in real world, but I don't have the need to do cabin announcements at home (would scare my wife) or use the intercom (might scare my neighbour).

So I am sure there might be a lot of other useful functions to connect (i.e. adjustable PC-sound-volume, connection to standard key-board (pressing a micro-button causes a certain key-stroke) etc.).

Any food for thoughts/experiences?

Best from LOWW
Georg

NigelD
06-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi Georg,
This is something I've been thinking about too. I have a little list of auxillary functions I intend to include on my panels. They are PTT buttons for Teamspeak and Squawbox private voice, Teamspeak Mute and Away controls, possibly things like a pause button, traffic labels on/off and thingas that don't really belong on other panels or actually exist in the real world!

I fly with Aer Lingus Virtual and we use our Teamspeak server a lot, so integrating that is important for my plans....

That might give you some ideas?

Nigel.

Jackpilot
06-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I have the nav 1 and nav 2 audio ident function as well as Marker beacons and ADF 1 and 2 ident.
Square pushbuttons captain side which light up when active.
Toggles can command headset intercom with copilot, and captain annoucements through a telepone handset that loop-back (sidetone) in the earpiece of the telephone (nice realistic effect to talk and hear yourself)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/jackpilot/ped3.jpg

Jackpilot
06-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Besides, the long black knobs (potmeters) can be used to adjust the various speakers volume, especially if you use PM sounds spread on various computers. One computer having the wind sound, another the GPWS alerts...etc.

dvincent
06-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Nice pedestal, Jack. Wich panels do you use ?

Greetz,

Dirk

Jackpilot
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/

+ real aero units (Transponder, Delco C. INS)
+2 toggle panels made by Phil.

bravolima
03-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Would be nic to get an update in this topic. For online flying with a two man setting, what is necessary, what is nice to have. The sim can be flown from the CMD and the F/O Side. Are two independent audio installation possible?

Bravolima