PDA

View Full Version : displays not switching

djcevera20
06-15-2009, 06:59 AM
hello.. when i use the controlador to test my displays when i hit start they go blank then when i hit the all on button they all show eights the problem is when i hit the test button it says on/off then follow then it begins to count however the displays never change from displaying eights....they worked before now nothing...could there be something wrong with my display card?

Buddym
06-15-2009, 08:26 AM
The controllador program is funky in that area, I would not be surprised to see that you had to restart your pc to make it behave properly. Another thing to check, if you were playing with IOcards software make sure it is stopped (in task manager) before you start controllador. I have had problems where IOcards window closes, but the process stays running and interferes with controllador.

BuddyM

djcevera20
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
i will check the task bar i tried to restart but it didnt do the trick but i will try what you said thanks again buddy.

djcevera20
06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
could someone please tell me where my sioc.ini.txt file is for some reason i cant find it?:-?

kiek
06-17-2009, 07:27 AM
could someone please tell me where my sioc.ini.txt file is for some reason i cant find it?:-?
the file is named sioc.ini and you may find it in your SIOC folder

djcevera20
06-21-2009, 07:05 PM
well still no luck with my displays which at one point were working...if i go to controlador and hit all on they go on if i hit test they just go blank then show all nines......if i start fs then start iocards the displays go blank:???: please any help would be greatly apprieciated...

Buddym
06-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey, sorry you are having problems. Let me ask my dumb questions first..... did anything change? different cable(s), power supply, computer, etc?

Not counting the pins connected to the displays card, can you say that all inputs and outputs work correctly? If there is a problem, maybe we can narrow it down to a particular group of leads and/or chip(s).

You have more than likely looked at all of thi already, just running thru waht I would do in my head...

Since your card worked at one point we have to assume that either something changed, or something went bad. Also, since the card blanks

I have a displays card that I am not using yet, If you want I can send it to you to test with.

Can you do a simple config with IOcards software and display an offset, say airspeed? When you do what happens? I only ask because I just tested my IOCards with the controlador and it behaves in a similar fashion.

The going blank when you run IOCards, is that with a valid config file for IOCards?

Let me know, we can compare notes via instant messenger or phone if ya like.

BuddyM

djcevera20
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
buddy i was thinking it my be a config issue late last night so my plan is to reconfige the card...what i was actually thinking of doing was to totally uninstall both sioc and iocards and start from scratch now that i know how the two work i can start from scratch....thank you for your off on the card i will see tonight if this will help things. i will be in touch
tim

djcevera20
06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
well after uninstalling and reinstalling both the iocard software and the sioc software reconfiguring everything i hooked the master and display cards back up and low and behold i had the same exact problem. so as i went to pick the card up and chuck it into the pile of usless computer parts i have when i touched it the display changed!!!!!! can you believe that this whole time the problem was a faulty jumper on the displays II card... needless to say all is working properly now.:D