PDA

View Full Version : B737NG Flight Controls

carlos hermida
06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
How does B737NG reacts flying full manual because i noted today that my yoke is working like the Airbus after adjusting some axis using FSUIPC and don't remember if it was working as it is until now, so someone knows where can i change this setting if there is one?
Just to clarifie, when i turn my yoke for example to a turn of 20 degrees to the left, the plane stays turning in that angle and my yoke is neutral position, so it doesn't return together with the yoke movement to neutral...:???: So i have a Boeing with feelings of an Airbus or am i wrong...any suggestions :(

Michael Carter
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
That's the way aircraft controls are supposed to be. After the turn is established at the desired bank angle the yoke is returned to center, or near center making adjustments if required.

It isn't like turning an automobile.

carlos hermida
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
So, what is the difference for AIRBUS controls? Talking about manual flying controls...

Michael Carter
06-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Nothing. Most aircraft handle the same way.

mauriceb
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Of course you could always keep the yoke in a turned position and end up doing a roll to inverted or a full roll just to amuse your passengers :-).
That's what happens if you do not return the yoke to a neutral position; the aircraft should keep banking to an ever increasing angle (up to full roll(s) until the ailerons return to neutral.

Maurice

carlos hermida
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
There is a great explanation about the Airbus flight controls at this thread http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2546

Thanks for both !