PDA

View Full Version : FSweekend 2009

Matt Olieman
06-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Trevor and I (Matt Olieman) will be participating at the FSweekend event at Lelystad, Netherlands 7th and 8th of November 2009. We're excited to meet our many online flight simulation friends.

Last year we were able to get about 30 flight simulation builders together for a dinner. It was a wonderful experience for those who were there.

This year we want a bigger and better occasion. That's the reason for this early announcement, so we can start planning early and get an idea of what you would like to do.

I would love to see this become a large Flight-Sim builder event, and start an annual tradition.

You're thoughts please?

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey Guys!! As Matt said above, Or below depending on your forum preferences.. LOL We are excited to be able to take part in this excellent event. We are eager to meet each and every one of you, and hope that many of you can make the trek to this show. From what I hear it is one of the biggest, if not the biggest thing in Flight Simulation since the start of FS..

I can't wait to see you all there.....

Trev

choffmann
06-04-2009, 10:53 AM
count on me!!!

I love the idea, it already was great in 2008. Maybe, some of our most acknowleged members could find a place and time to give a short talk about what they think their special interest and expertise in building is, with a possibility to discuss. Maybe you can find a room within the conference center with a beamer. Efe might be of help, he was a very very ambitioned organizer last year! I would deem it also very nice, if everybody coming there would know in advance the location of the evening meeting (to have some eat and drinks). The restaurant last year was fine, but if you expect many more people, it might be too crowded for the event.

Chris

Trevor Hale
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Great to hear it..

Thats why we want to get this out there now.. We want to have an itinerary in everyone's hand with times and locations of where we will be before they leave, so if someone gets lost, they can catch up with us at any point..

We will be looking for a place that can house more of us for dinner..

Trev

Wendy
06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Very good idea.

You can put me on the list.

Regards, Wendy

Matt Olieman
06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the input. Keep them coming :)

I love the idea of interaction!!! There is so much to learn from each other and meeting people face to face rather then text is SO MUCH BETTER!!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

NigelD
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Yep, I'm already booked in for the show, and I can't wait. Missed it last year - only hear about it 2 weeks before. It would be great to meet some of you and put faces to names, beer to lips etc....

Nigel.

PS. Picking my brains will take about 5 seconds - don't waste your time!

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-05-2009, 12:23 AM
looks like another good get together.
me, david bullock (fordgt40) and alan watson (baw264) are already booked in as well.
looking forward to meeting the two 'bosses'.
i assume Efe is going to be there as well.
have a great day chaps.......
regards ... ian

Efe Cem Elci
06-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Planning on it, at least... I think the airport restaurant was a good location; great food, good location, friendly staff. They actually have a private room that can be reserved if we are looking at having a significantly larger number there. If that is the case, we can even have a better table setup than last year.

makoy
06-05-2009, 05:11 AM
I try to get in there this year.
Last year i miss it, no time from work.
Intresting to meet you guys in actual :D

Efe Cem Elci
06-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Just an explanation... good location because:

- its close to the fair ground so members can just walk over once they leave,
- since everyone stays in different places, its much harder to coordinate a meeting somewhere else once people have dispersed,
- the theme is very relevant, the restaurant is decorated with nostalgic pictures of airplanes and pilots as well as some items from aircraft.

Matt Olieman
06-05-2009, 07:33 AM
The plan is a Saturday night "Bash" LOL dinner. So keep the comments coming please :)

Matt Olieman

dnoize
06-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Look forward to meet some of you again and others the first time.

For those that have never visited: i garantuee you to have a great time.

Its a greet meeting at a great location. The museum alone is worth a visit allready.

Stef

Trevor Hale
06-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Beer to lips is the good part. It is going to be a blast.. Actually I don't think there is a better group I would rather hang out with.

Trev

phil744
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I will be there for sure, still dont know if i will be exhibiting anything this year yet;)

Heheheh bring beer and order out for food and sit in the 747 they have there lol

Trevor Hale
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry Phil, but I will be spending enough time on a 747 just to get to the show, I think the last thing I am going to want to do is sit in another one after the 10 hours there, and the 11 hours back..

But I am not complaining LOL

I will be there for sure, still dont know if i will be exhibiting anything this year yet;)

Heheheh bring beer and order out for food and sit in the 747 they have there lol

ivar hestnes
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I will be present at the event this year for sure. Really wanted to go last year, but was not possible. It is 1st priority this year for sure.

Looking forward to meet the builders here:)

RalphW
06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Booked in again this year. Looks like we'll have a few UK builders in attendance again.

A few of my photos of last years event can be seen here:

http://www.rabaks.com/gallery.asp

Looking forward to it

rhysb
06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Hopefully if work is kind I will be there

Joe Cygan
06-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Matt and Trevor will make perfect flight simulator ambassadors representing North America.

Peter Dowson
06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
looks like another good get together.
me, david bullock (fordgt40) and alan watson (baw264) are already booked in as well.

Hi Ian,

I only just noticed this thread is about the Lelystad do. I checked my calendar and I am free that weekend and would like to go too. Could we do the same as last time? Are you booked into the same hotel? Please let me know soon so i can book before it's full!

Thanks & Best Regards

Pete

Trevor Hale
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Ian,

I only just noticed this thread is about the Lelystad do. I checked my calendar and I am free that weekend and would like to go too. Could we do the same as last time? Are you booked into the same hotel? Please let me know soon so i can book before it's full!

Thanks & Best Regards

Pete

If your up to it Pete, I really would like the opportunity to buy you a beer, and Introduce myself.

Best regards,

Trev

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-07-2009, 10:44 AM
If your up to it Pete, I really would like the opportunity to buy you a beer, and Introduce myself.

Best regards,

Trev

You can buy me a beer as well if you want Trev (he he he)

looking forward to meeting you and Mr O

regards from wales..... ian

Trevor Hale
06-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't miss doing that for the world Ian... Not in a million years..

Matt Olieman
06-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't miss doing that for the world Ian... Not in a million years..

"DITTO" :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Peter Dowson
06-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Hi Trev,

Got a PM from Ian about arrangements. I'll be booking up shortly, so I'll definitely see you there! Looking forward to the beer!

Thanks!

Pete

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
i'll enjoy the beer as well because Peter is going to be with me and david and alan watson
how deep are your pockets?
enjoy your evening chaps....
regards ... ian

fordgt40
06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
And we are staying in a hotel that has big glasses of beer as opposed to the thimble sized ones at the airport hotel:D

Looking fwd to seeing you all.

Regards

David

Matt Olieman
06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
And we are staying in a hotel that has big glasses of beer as opposed to the thimble sized ones at the airport hotel:D

Looking fwd to seeing you all.

Regards

David

Guess I won't be drinking my beer there. LOL.

Looking fwd to seeing you all to :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Wendy
06-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Which hotel are you talking about ? I sure don't want to miss this...

Regards Wendy

Matt Olieman
06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
No plans for a place for the Dinner yet. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we'll have an idea of how MyCockpit friends will be there. Then we can book a restaurant or whatever we need to do to make us all fit :)

If you want to stay in a hotel at Lelystad, book early.

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
06-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh Great.. So that means, I had better Steal (I mean Borrow) a glass from somewhere else then. Great Matt, you had to pick the hotel with the smallest Beer glasses :)

I knew we should have asked someone else LOL. Just kidding. Being close to the Airport means I can sleep in more..

Maybe I can bring a 6 pack back to the room :) if they have such a thing there.

flymo001
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll be there...first time last year...GOT TO GO BACK this year. Thanks Ian and Alan....it's your fault!!! (tee hee).

John P (Ashford, Kent)

Efe Cem Elci
06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
MyCockpit.org
Official Beer Sponsor for FSWeekend 2009

;)

Matt Olieman
06-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Alright!!!! Efe Saves the day, he's buying :) :) :) LOL

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
06-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Alright!!!! Efe Saves the day, he's buying :) :) :) LOL

Matt Olieman

Lol. Gotta see how the budget will be after the traditional 220 Euro car towing fee.

pdpo
06-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi all,

Most probably i'll be there too for the whole weekend.. so this time i'll join too the mycockpit.org gathering. Would be nice to finally meet some persons behond the names...

See ya ...

fordgt40
06-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Wendy

The airport hotel has the small glasses! We are staying in the Apollo Hotel in "downtown" Lelystad. You all should be quick, as I hear from Ian that the rooms are going fast this year.

Regards

David

mpl330
06-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Wait for me... Ian, you have PM...
Cheers
Mike

Trevor Hale
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Lol. Gotta see how the budget will be after the traditional 220 Euro car towing fee.

Oh But of course, you have to pay the towing bill first.. :)

davek
06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Well I have been trying to decide where to go for holidays this year...

looks like you guys have made up my mind for me

any other aussies interested? maybe we can travel together?

Matt Olieman
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
That's fantastic news Dave. That's quite a trip and certainly look forward to FINALLY meet Aussies :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
not complaining, i love the stuff (so does trev and matt by the sound of it) :o))

first Mike.... no PM

next, this is the way i see it, Efe needs to fly in so he can save the towing fee and spend the money buying us beer....perfect.
next the apollo serves beer in 500ml glasses where everywhere else we've been in lelystad sells 330ml (at basically the same price). so my decision to stay there was helped by the fact that the beer glasses are bigger :o))
it's ok trev, i know where we can buy a couple of six packs.

finally hope our australian friends can join us because they like beer too i'm told :o))

this is going to be fun, i can tell already.....

enjoy your evening chaps... rgds ... ian

warvet
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I hope you guys all have a fantastic time and i sure you certainly will. Additional info one of my Martial Arts students is currently staying in Lelystad at the Apollo Hotel and had these things to say: The hallways near his room had these young german guys who were smoking cigarettes and strong marijuana because no one seems to care about the non smoking rule and he said had to open windows in his room because it bothered him alot and his roommate who had abit of asthma both of them are non smokers.
The bar in the hotel closed at 11pm so that kind of a damper and the shopping areas when closed made things kind of like you were in a not so nice part of town yet nothing bad happened to them. Apparently it was just the feeling it took on. Their mini bar didnt work and they heard other ppl complain of that too. Even though its June they said the bathroom had no heat at all and in morning were freezing. The rooms werent bad for the price he said but pretty small and kind of dark.Also they said that to get anyone to help them wa abit of a chore and they tried to borrow an iron for clothes because their travel iron broke and none wasto be found anywhere so if you stay there bring your own robes and irons lol And final thing he said was he ate at restaurant next door because food in hotel wasnt great. Again Matt and Trev this is from my student whos there right now and I just wanted to pass on to you what I was told. My student is originally from Poland so its not like hes a spoiled rich kid used to luxury lol not the case at all. But first hand I dont know ive never been to Lelystad Im sure you'll have an awesome time overall though. He did say though the Dutch ppl were very friendly overall.Just my 2 cents
Tim

Matt Olieman
06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
WOW!!! I'm shocked. :shock: That's really too bad they had such a bad experience.

First of all, I was born in Holland and traveled there extensively throughout my years. I've stayed at inexpensive and exclusive hotels, many times, and to be honest, I've never had a bad experience. Regarding small rooms, that's typical European style, they waste no space. :)

Lelystad is a very nice town, I remember visiting it in the late 1980's. A very nice town. :) I have a cousin that has a Automobile business and lives Lelystad. Believe me, he wouldn't live their one second if it was a bad place to live. I'm sure if he read Tim's remarks, he would be embarrassed.

I think what Tim described is very rare.

Matt Olieman

fordgt40
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Tim

Thanks for getting the feedback, though it does not match my previous experience - perhaps they have let standards drop since we were there in 2007. By way of mitigation, the Apollo is close to a superb Chinese restaurant which we have patronised for the last two years.

Do not recall the bar closing at 11pm, though that was possibly because of the numbers of thirsty guests or we "peaked" too early:o

Anyway, we are booked in and will doubtless make the best of it!

Regards

David

davek
06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Have been thinking over night that while I am out and about (travelling) I would like to visit one of the space and aircraft museums in the US.
I have an interest in the Apollo program, having read many books on the subject and would love to see some of the machines they flew back then.

Which is the best one to visit. I have done a search on the net and there are quite a few so I am not sure which one to visit.

Any suggestions from anyone who has visited these places

cheers
Dave

Matt Olieman
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Dave, where else but Florida, at the Kennedy Space Center. I've been there several times, including to watch a launch from there, fascinating. Excellent tours, can't go up to a orbiter or the launch pad, but can get close enough. Actually we have launch on the 13th, if no clouds we'll be able to see it from where I live.

Oh, of course you'll stay in Orland and visit all those wonderful attractions, like Disney World, Universal studios, Sea World, and more. Hey, I'm starting sound like a "Come to Florida Commercial" LOL

Matt Olieman

davek
06-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow couldnt have asked for better timing.

Sim weekend 7&8 Nov

Shuttle launch 13 Nov

I wanna book my space on your roof for the 13th please Matt :wink:

Better get onto the travel agent this week me thinks...:grin:

warvet
06-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Maybe they just had bad luck Matt dont know but I just talked to them again and said things are good today lol so who knows. Either way im sure you'll have a great time. They did mention the chinese restaurant out side the hotel and said it was good :) As far as i know Ive never been so just going by a 20 year olds experiences in a strange place.

Tim

Matt Olieman
06-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Shuttle launch I mentioned in my post above is June 13th. You can go to the NASA site and check for the shuttle launch dates: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

There is one Nov 12, but things change so keep checking here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/structure/iss_manifest.html

Matt Olieman

RalphW
06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe they just had bad luck Matt dont know but I just talked to them again and said things are good today lol so who knows. Either way im sure you'll have a great time. They did mention the chinese restaurant out side the hotel and said it was good :) As far as i know Ive never been so just going by a 20 year olds experiences in a strange place.

Tim

Ate in the Chinese restaurant last year with the UK builders mob. Great food and very good service. It was quite quiet outside waiting for our taxis after the meal but no sense of danger. Just a quiet provincial Dutch town late at night.

Staying at the airport hotel again this year - it's close to the event and I don't drink beer, so that's not a problem :-)

Looking forward to the MyCockpit.org dinner this year.

Matt Olieman
06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
WOW!!! I'll have the privilege of meeting Ralph :) :) :) Trev and I are staying there too.

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
it's close to the event and I don't drink beer, so that's not a problem :-)

We can fix that :) Just kidding, can't wait to meet you.

Trev

davek
06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
My travel plans for this "expensive" FS weekend, I wont have any money left to buy any goodies

4 Nov Depart Brisbane
5 Nov Arrive Amsterdam – overnight
6 Nov Depart Amsterdam to Lelystad
6 Nov to 9 Nov Lelystad
9 Nov Depart Lelystad to Amsterdam
9 Nov Arrive Orlando
Nov 9 to 17 Nov Orlando shuttle launch 12 Nov (hopefully! Put on the good weather Matt)
18 Nov Depart Orlando to New York
18 – 20 Nov New York
21 Nov Depart New York to Brisbane

No accommodation booked as yet. Whats the motel of choice for Leylstad?

Couple of Q's for the locals.. wots the weather going to be like in those places?

Remember I live in the tropics so I dont even OWN a jumper or coat let alone wear one... :D

Trevor Hale
06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Couple of Q's for the locals.. wots the weather going to be like in those places?

Remember I live in the tropics so I dont even OWN a jumper or coat let alone wear one... :D

To Answer Question #1. Its hard to find a Hotel in general. But Matt and I and ralph are in the Airport Hotel in Leylstad.

As for the Weather, based on what I have read, expect Rain, and single digit to low double digit above freezing temperatures. 2 - 14 Celsius.

You may want to buy that Jumper.. Although buy it before you leave Auz.. cause a Jumper over here would get you something totally different. LOL.
Something a woman would wear in the form of a skirt/dress LOL

dvincent
06-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Nice.
The Airport Hotel is in front of the airport. There's a good restaurant at about 5 minutes walk. The restaurant doesn't serve dinners, only breakfast (very tasty breakfast).
Cu guys at Lelystad,

Greetz,

Dirk

Trevor Hale
06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I always look forward to a good breakfast.. :)

Nice.
The Airport Hotel is in front of the airport. There's a good restaurant at about 5 minutes walk. The restaurant doesn't serve dinners, only breakfast (very tasty breakfast).
Cu guys at Lelystad,

Greetz,

Dirk

Matt Olieman
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Just to keep this thread going..... :) :) :)

In case you missed these posts and did not respond if you'll be joining us at FSweekend? Please let us know. :)

Thanks,
Matt Olieman

dvincent
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
And the beat, eh... thread goes on. :p
You can find me on the stand of Flight Deck Software :idea:

Greetz,

Dirk

vybhav
06-24-2009, 04:46 AM
I am doing my best to be there. Will be a pleasure to meet you guys since I am still a novice in cockpit building.

Regards

Matt Olieman
06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the responses, gives us an idea what to expect for "The Friends Of MyCockpit Dinner" Saturday night.

Keep the posts coming :)

Matt O.

W9XE/Project777
06-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Matt

Reading through the thread. Brings back memories of AVSIM 2005 and IFC Denver. Sorry I am going to miss it :(

I expect a lot of pictures for all of us who are unable to attend. :cool: First time a true gathering of Mycockpit builders. A dream we had when we first started her up 3 years ago. :D

Matt Olieman
06-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks Larry. Yes our first official gathering and of all places in beautiful Lelystad :)

We're still working on a meeting in the U.S., Orlando, FL. We'll try again early next year. Last year and early this year was terrible in regards to the economy, hopefully by end this year and early next year we can have a "MyCockpit Meet and Greet Get Together."

Matt Olieman

W9XE/Project777
06-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Matt

I will be going to Florida in 2010 for a week. I dont know when for sure but will follow up on this and hope I can work both in. Always a busy vacation time. However I do plan on meeting up with you this time. Hope we can make that special trip out to that special house their in Ocala. :cool:

Matt Olieman
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Matt

I will be going to Florida in 2010 for a week. I dont know when for sure but will follow up on this and hope I can work both in. Always a busy vacation time. However I do plan on meeting up with you this time. Hope we can make that special trip out to that special house their in Ocala. :cool:

Look forward to it Larry :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Roland
06-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi guys,

I'll be there this year as well, probably both days. I look forward to meeting you all!

Roland

jongas
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Hoping to make it, will be flying into AMS Friday, any suggestions/links on where to stay near to the meet?

Matt Olieman
06-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Lelystad Airport Hotel is convenient.

Matt Olieman

jongas
06-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks Matt,

On refelction, my post was one of those "type what your thinking" moments,

As soon as I replied I thought "I'm sure if I just read down the thread, there will be some discussion on Hotels"!!!

:-) :-) :-)

So Airport of Apollo seem to be the most popular.

When are most people arriving - could it be worth grouping together on transport to Lelystad?

Goldmember
06-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Count me in as well. If any of you want to visit low budget, or you're too late to book a hotel, I have space for 1 or 2 guests in my sim room at home. It's a 1 hour drive to Lelystad. Have to consult mrs. Goldmember though, but I'll convince her that sim builders are decent people ;)

What about the idea to have some suppliers sponsor a conference room and give presentations? They're there anyway.

kiek
06-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Count me in

regards,
Nico Kaan

douwe
06-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Will be there.
Regards,
Douwe

Trevor Hale
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
My flight arrives AMS I think at 6:00am Friday AMS Time.. Matt and I aren't even sure how we are getting anywhere, I heard he said we were going to rent a bicycle for 2.

Should be interesting...

Geremy Britton
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
ROFL Trevor :p

Matt Olieman
07-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Just to give you an update :)

We're waiting for an announcement that should be coming soon from the FSWeekend staff. Once the official announcement arrives, we (MyCockpit, Inc.) will start making official arrangements for the Saturday night dinner.

By the information collected so far, it may look like we'll have to rent out a whole restaurant :) I'm very much exited to meet many of my fellow builders and am looking forward to this event.

Matt Olieman

davek
07-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Matt my brother and I will definately be coming. I have paid for the flights just got to book the hotel. You can put us down for the dinner on Saturday night and also a spot on your roof for the shuttle launch on the Thursday after.

dvincent
07-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello,

it will be difficult to find a hotel in the immediate neighboarhood. You can take a look on the website www.fsweekend.com there 's link to hotels. I just phoned (july 25 th at 22h30) the Airport Hotel but it 's really complete that weekend. Try in the surroundings.

Greetz,

Dirk

nax228
08-14-2009, 02:30 AM
This is part of the menu from the airport bar. Are you gonna' fly safe?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/gosttveit/lelystad015.jpg

Looking forward to the FSweekend and hope to meet you guys there. I think we are about 10 norwegian builders flying in. Staying in Harderwiijk.

Paul Thomas
08-15-2009, 10:55 AM
According to my last count we'll be closer to 15. That is if my info is correct. Anyway I'm looking forward to this great weekendevent. Had a great time last year, lot's of fun wouldn't miss it.

dvincent
08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
15 ? Help, the Vikings are back ! :D

It 's getting a huge weekend if it continues this way.

GARich
08-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I hope I wil be able to make it. It's a very short 40 minute hop from my local airport to AMS

dvincent
08-22-2009, 05:52 PM
However, the big respons is leading us to the next problem...
... how will we recognize each other.
Wearing a red rose or something ? :roll:

:twisted::twisted:

Wendy
08-23-2009, 07:07 AM
That's a good question...

maybe we all put a sticker on like this...:grin:

http://www.querit.eu\FS\MyCockPit_FSWeekend.jpg

Kind regards, Wendy

Matt Olieman
08-23-2009, 07:27 AM
MyCockpit will have a table set up at FSWeekend. Also we're still looking for a place to meet Saturday night for Dinner.

Matt Olieman

dvincent
08-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi Matt,

there is a rather good restaurant near Aviodome at about 5 minutes walk but I think it would be smart to order a table (or tableS) during the day otherwise it will be complete. We were there last year with the group of Flightdeckbuilder.nl. It's good quality and not too expensive.
MyCockpit stood in front of Flightdeckbuilder.nl last year, that's if I 'm not mistaken.

Greetz,

Dirk

Matt Olieman
08-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Matt,

there is a rather good restaurant near Aviodome at about 5 minutes walk
Greetz,

Dirk

If you recall the name of the restaurant, please let me know.

Matt Olieman

douwe
08-23-2009, 09:52 AM
http://www.flantuas.nl/
Regards,
Douwe

davek
08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
That's a good question...

maybe we all put a sticker on like this...:grin:

http://www.querit.eu\FS\MyCockPit_FSWeekend.jpg

Kind regards, Wendy

BUT my names not Wendy...???

mdeponeo
08-23-2009, 11:07 AM
My travel plans for this "expensive" FS weekend, I wont have any money left to buy any goodies

4 Nov Depart Brisbane
5 Nov Arrive Amsterdam – overnight
6 Nov Depart Amsterdam to Lelystad
6 Nov to 9 Nov Lelystad
9 Nov Depart Lelystad to Amsterdam
9 Nov Arrive Orlando
Nov 9 to 17 Nov Orlando shuttle launch 12 Nov (hopefully! Put on the good weather Matt)
18 Nov Depart Orlando to New York
18 – 20 Nov New York
21 Nov Depart New York to Brisbane

November in the Netherlans.
Just a guess. It wont be warm:cool:
It will be early winter in November
So its Wooly socks Gloves and Hats
You'll Love It :D

Mark

Matt Olieman
08-25-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm still working on which restaurant to use. I've finally asked my cousin to help, Joop from Donkervoort Automobielen. If you live in Holland I'm sure you've heard of him. So he's scouting out the area, since his factory is only a stones throw away from FSWeekend :)

If you haven't seen his "Automobielen" check this site out, but be careful, when you look at his cars you may decide to change your hobby, LOL

http://www.donkervoort.nl/

Matt Olieman

dnoize
08-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow Matt,

Joop Donkervoort is your cousin?

Great cars, great handling. Unfortunately way out of my budget.

I think every man in holland knows Donkervoort Cars.

Stef

dvincent
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
What's wrong with the Flantuas restaurant ? It 's a 5 minutes walk from The Aviodome. Couldn 't be closer.

Dirk

Matt Olieman
08-25-2009, 03:55 PM
It sounds good to me, I like it. They never responded to my e-mail. So Joop is going to check if they can put up with us.

Matt Olieman

dvincent
08-25-2009, 06:00 PM
To be honest: I saw the waitresses (don't know how to spell it) and I'm not surprised there's no reply, but... they are very kind AND... the food is ... wel eh... we 'll survive the meal. :evil:

Regards,

Dirk

JWS
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
If all goes as planned I'll be attending again on saturday (like last year, and the year before, and ...).

Looking forward to meet other builders form this forum. Will think about the dinner.

Regards,

JW

PaulEMB
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I am planning a visit this year, as I am working fairly close (Belgium) untlil December - probably Saturday, although no beers or dinner, as I will have to drive back.

Goldmember
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh no, how can I be so stupid? Saturday is my daughters birthday so I can't join the dinner! Luckily my Mrs. is not on this board so let's keep it quiet that I forgot about that ;)

I'll be there on Sunday and I'd love to meet some of you IRL. I like Wendies sticker project!

Sean Nixon
09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I shall be attending the show both days. Looking forward to meeting some (all) of you.

Sean