PDA

View Full Version : Lazycam Question

riche543
05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi guys Im using lazycam to post my Gcode to mach3 , This is fine , I just cant seem to work out how to do multiple passes ie: I need to cut 3mm deep with passes of lets say 0.5 or 1.0 . The way i am having to do it at the moment is to create 3 or 6 diffrent Gcodes with diffrent depths for the same job, Thanks guys Riche..;)

autocadplease
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
The easiest thing to do is use Mach 3's Z-Inhibit. From the Mach 3 manual:

6.2.17 Automatic Z control family
Mach3 has the
facility to set a lower
limit for moves in the
Z axis. See
Config>Logic dialog
for the static setting
of this Inhibit-Z
value.
There is also a control family which allows this Inhibit Z value to be set while preparing
and before running a G-code program.
Code the program, which might often be a DXF or HPGL import, so that it makes a single
cut or set of cuts at the finally desired Z depth (perhaps Z = -0.6 inch assuming top of
workpiece is Z = 0). The last command should be an M30 (Rewind)

Using the Automatic Z Control controls (a) set the Z-inhibit value to the Z for depth for the
first roughing cut (perhaps Z= -0.05) (b) the Lower Z-Inhibit to the successive cut depths
(we might allow 0.1 as the tool has some side support). The whole job will need seven
passes to get to Z = -0.6, so (c) enter 7 in L (Loop). On pressing Cycle Start the machine
will automatically make the series of cuts at increasing Z depth. The DROs track the
progress decrementing L as they are performed and updating the Z-inhibit value. If the
given number of L does not reach the part program's requested Z depth then you can update
the L DRO and restart the program.

Having said that, you should be able to set the Z depth per pass in LazyCam. You can change the setting in the tool settings. Click on the TOOL button in the LAYERS and change the Max Cut p/pass value.

riche543
05-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Thankyou for that , Right back down the shed Cheers!!