PDA

View Full Version : Auto throttle and mcp problem

kenlie_no
05-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Hi all :)

Once again I need some help with my flightdeck:

I have the full pm suite and I use cpflight mcp and cockpitsonic MIP, Pedestal and throttle.

My auto throttle will not work, no matter what I do the HW throttle keeps overriding the mcp speed, this is off course annoying, any one out there that have any ideas?

I have tried different flight models, same result and I have checked that the PM mcp is synchronized to the HW mcp and it is reacting to all other push button commands, like FD, ALT, FL Ch and so on.

I am using the flight modell I downloaded from the PM site, And I know this model works, because it used to do so just fine before I dissmantled my sim and mounted it again.

AchillesP
05-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem at low speed. Below 250Knots

I use pmmcp 436 with cpflight mcp 737pro

Hi all :)

Once again I need some help with my flightdeck:

I have the full pm suite and I use cpflight mcp and cockpitsonic MIP, Pedestal and throttle.

My auto throttle will not work, no matter what I do the HW throttle keeps overriding the mcp speed, this is off course annoying, any one out there that have any ideas?

I have tried different flight models, same result and I have checked that the PM mcp is synchronized to the HW mcp and it is reacting to all other push button commands, like FD, ALT, FL Ch and so on.

I am using the flight modell I downloaded from the PM site, And I know this model works, because it used to do so just fine before I dissmantled my sim and mounted it again.

kenlie_no
05-14-2009, 04:17 AM
It seems that if I set HW trotthle from Cockpitsonic to about 65% autotrotthle works, so I guess I can live with that for a while.

06-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Not sure if its related, but on take off, have vref set on mcp, and first altitude restriction entered. On take off clearance I engage AT, hit N1 and start the roll, VR I rotate I climb, as I retract gear and flaps on schedule the AT light starts to flash and the speedtape takes of like a bat outa ****. If I cycle the AT switch the light goes solid on and IAS on MCP sets to the current IAS. Using latest PM MCP build and CPflight classic MCP. I think the build is 301. Not near the sim. On approach same flashing light and if I have throttle at idel the airspeed falls of . I seem to remember a flashing symbol to the left of the 3 didgit IAS.
Will check it out sunday when I am home.

James

kenlie_no
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I do the same as you on takeoff.

When Iinitiate the Cockpitsonic trotthle I have to start B737.exe, and I have found out that as long as this sw is running the autotrotthle will not work as intended. (but off. it has to be started for the HW trotthle to work at all) if I manually close the sw from Cockpitsonic all is fine and I can controll the plane with my hw from CPflight,(mcp from PM folows my hw CPflight) if I then reengage the sw B737.exe and my levers are set to full it ignores my mcp and skyrockets my plane to overspeed really fast.

this is strange!, all help is appreciated

kenlie_no
07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
An finally i have found the missing link, when it comes to my probblem with maintaining speed set on my MCP.

It seems that autothrottle on the default panel on my airplane (boeing 738 )wont let itself be activated when PM mcp programm is running for some reason. And this is the only button I have problem with, all others on my mcp hw is working fine.

If i close down PM mcp it is ok, speeds running up and down just fine when changing it on the mcp of the airplane in FS9, but as soon as I start PM mcp it dissconnects the autothrottle.

switching auto throttle on and off on my cpflight 737 hw, will activate autotrottle on PM mcp but not on the default plane, and problem still exists.

N1, ap dissconnect all are fine from my cockpitsonic hw, when default panel is runningn the show, but running PM its a showstopper!

any thoughts?

fuerteventura
07-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Could there be an autothrottle fighting with the PM one? If so I'm guessing that you might be able to disable it in the aircraft.cfg?

kenlie_no
07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I really dont understand this, I have checked the cfg file for my aircraft and I have rem`d out everything regarding throttle, still when pressing n1 it holds n1 for the climb acording to first altitude lets say 4000.

but when going into fl ch it rockets up to 300 and above :(, if I set speed on HW mcp instead it`s the same here, plane only responds to my throttle HW, which is left at 97% as it was when I let go of the levers at takeoff.
I have the cdu file 738 from PM, cdu is fine.

which aircraft file are you people using?

Jan Pemöller
07-11-2009, 06:01 AM
I think we have a similar problem:

Hello,

since the last builds I have some new problems when switching to LVL-Change. Sometimes the AT trust increases without any reason (during descent). Yesterday two times when AT was off and I switched LCL CH on, "the turned off" AT increases the trust.

Does anyone have same problems?
I will get into this deeper later and will report to PM, but other opinions from other users are very welcome.

regards
Jan

RGroebl
07-11-2009, 06:05 PM
You can reproduce this issue. If you change on descend from LVCH to V/S the throttle goes up to 100%. This exists several builds ago.

Jan Pemöller
07-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Yes but NEW is that this even happens when you have switched OFF the AT!

bravolima
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Hello Jan,

during descent you switch off A/T? Is it a normal procedure?, I doubt. What I learned from a professional Airliner recently, and that is why I use more often LVL CHG during descent is, MCP calculates the rate of descent in LVL CHG mode very properly and you don´t have to deal with speed brakes. There are several ways to do a descent:

1.) Speed and V/S (needs frequent use of speedbrakes, professionals don´t like it very much, stress to the fuselage....) below FL100 it is appropriate
2.) Target Alt MCP/LVL CHG best way to come down from cruise in my opinion. Don´t forget to reduce speed approx. 20NM bevor T/C to .70 ( ~300 ktn)
3.) Target Alt in FMC and Speed (if you give more speed, rate of descent increase...)

I suppose if you change the procedure 1.) or 3.) to 2.) MCP calculates the rate of descent and as a result it adds thrust to increase your rate of descent.

my english is not as good as required, but play around with this three procedures and keep an eye on the N1 and you will find out, what I´m talking about. And don´t mix them up.....In any case A/T should be on. Don´t know any SOP which recommends switching off A/T. As far as I see that´s why PM assumes A/T is on în your case and applies thrust.
I think PM behaves normal.

regards

Bernhard (LSZH)

RGroebl
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Tested LVCH this evening with newest MCP Build 438. At my sim the issue is not occured. I tested with A/T on. So in the moment LVCH function is correct.

Regards
Roland

Jan Pemöller
07-18-2009, 02:46 AM
Thanks Roland ... I will try after holidays!

@ Bernhard: You have absolutely right. It was only a test with the "AT" off ... But properly should be: When "AT" is turned off - nothing should automatically power up the engines, or?!

Thanks
Jan

07-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Has anyone had problems with the CPflight MCP and the PM mcp. I am still getting a flashing AT light and strange number displays on the IAS window.

James

Tony
07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi James,

Flashing " 8 " in IAS window means OVERSPEED, according to Paolo from CPFlight.
Im interested to known if you have other " indications ".

Kind regards
Tony

07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks for that Tony, but it appears the auto throttle is overspeeding, On the take of roll I advance the throttles to N1 set from FMC. I engage N1 on the MCP, at Vr I rotate and follow pitch guidance from the AFDS, but the aircraft seems to shoot the selected climb speed on the FMC. I have the initial altitude restriction set aswell so selecting LVLCHG should set my rate of climb and thus be indicated on the flight director. I am retracting flaps on schedule.

James

07-22-2009, 07:52 AM
I am thinking my problem is the PM mcp..

11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
The AT light starts to flash for AT disco, this happens without any input from me.

JJ

01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi just an update, its got to the stage were I cant perform any form of autoland. I did a test flight based on CATII mins, I started the approach in HGD select with VORLOC armed. ILS was tuned on both NAV radios and intercepted the ILS nicely, I waited for the GS indicator to come to the center position, pressed APP with one AP armed. The plane started to follow the ILS down and as it did I reduced spped on the MCP and lowering the flaps on schedule. Got to 138KTS at flaps 30 and all is well. The moment I lowered the gear the AT light started flashing and the AT was now disingaged. I had to manualy add power to maintain VREF 30,disconected the AP and landed manually.

I repeated the the flight but this time I didnt add power after the AT kicked out, instead I toggeled the switch and the AT rearmed but it didnt recover the GS and infact got quiet low before the power came back on to bring the speed back to where it should be. So I am stuck with visual approachs. I am not overspeeding the flaps as the system was stable until the gear was lowered. The same goes for take off. The moment I raise the gear the AT disconnects. I have checked that there is no cross mapping of switches so I am a loss as to what is happining.

James

02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Did a complete uninstall and reinstall and it Worked! Only thing is on a LAND 2 its following the G/S perfectly till 100 above the deck and it tends to dive a little and then a very large flare almost tail strike material. Hits the ground at between -400 to -550 fpm. I can live with that for the moment.

Ok found this and its helped!

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?14382-Autoland-with-Project-Magenta/page2&highlight=autoland

James