PDA

View Full Version : portable dvd player

Steve A
05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I just linked up my daughters portable dvd player ( for testing purposes lol )
It has AV in and my video card has svideo output so connection was a piece of cake. I have had limited success, i can display the gps map and everything works fine, however the picture is black and white and i'm a little confused.
The dvd player has a switch on the side.. in and out, meaning out for playback of dvd's and in for my use, the dvd's play in full colour but as soon as i switch to my computer it goes black and white.
Any ideas Guys :roll:

Michael Carter
05-03-2009, 11:49 AM
There is a built-in processor for optimizing the picture playing a DVD. See if you are ably to turn it off.

It's the same reason LCD TV's don't look too good displaying a computer without a PC option in the source menu.

phil744
05-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Not a PAL/NTSC issue?

Steve A
05-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I just wanted to give it a try as i have read a little about psone screens, i think i'll ditch the idea as its such a tiny screen and i cant make out the text, plus no luck with the black and white image.
What i want to achieve is a seperate small screen for default ats and gps in fsx.

Leo Bodnar
05-03-2009, 04:08 PM
If you get only B&W image then most probably you have different colour coding standards on DVD player and video card AV output. Check if you can change the video card output to a different standard (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)

The dvd player has a switch on the side.. in and out, meaning out for playback of dvd's and in for my use, the dvd's play in full colour but as soon as i switch to my computer it goes black and white.
Any ideas Guys :roll: