PDA

View Full Version : Simknobs

nihad
04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people that have contacted us in the recent days.
It was heart warming to receive all these supportive e-mails.
You will be glad to know that Simknobs is NOT closing its doors!

We have temporarily stopped taking new orders for the time being so we can give priority
to outstanding orders.

We are very proud of the quality of all our products. However, making such highly detailed products is very time consuming. As a result of this lead times were longer than we expected.
Unfortunately we are very dependent on our suppliers and some delays have been caused there.
At the moment we are pushing very hard to produce and ship all outstanding orders.

If you have already placed an order with us we will update you via email, however please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
Meanwhile we are working hard to build up stock for our 737 range of products thus reducing delivery times.
After we have finished this process we will only be shipping 737 knobs from stock, however all other non 737 related products will still be available.

Regards,

Nihad
www.simknobs.com

Matt Olieman
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear that Nihad. You would of been quite a loss to our flight sim building community.

Thank You!!!!

Matt Olieman

vidarf
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
YEAH!!!! :D This is by far the best news I could get! :) Nihad, I was really sad when I read the front page at simknobs.
Rest assured, I'll be ready to place more orders when you're ready! Just remember to finish my knobs that is on order already. ;)

vidarf
07-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Hmmm.. I've sent a lot of emails to Nihad, and I haven't got any answer yet. I paid for a knob over a year ago, and haven't received it yet! I got a bunch of other knobs, but not this last one.
It isn't about the money, but when someone tells you that they will deliver - you expect them to. I haven't had any reason to doubt Nihad at all, but since he does not answer my emails anymore (none has been returned as "not delivered" or similar) I am worried.

Nihad, PLEASE CONTACT ME! I give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but if I don't get an answer VERY soon - I have to consider what to do.
Either send me my knob, or give me my money back!

A shame, really - because Nihad seems to be a stand up guy, and the knobs he made is out of this world in quality!

And if Simknobs DO come back, I intend to support Nihad in the future.

If anybody has heard from Nihad, please respond to this thread. I really, really hope there's just a problems with the email address!

oal331
07-25-2009, 02:38 AM
....................If anybody has heard from Nihad, please respond to this thread. I really, really hope there's just a problems with the email address!

I don't have news from Nihad, but just before some seconds, when trying to visit his site, i got a message from my antivitus s/w, that there is a Trojan Horse.
Take care there!!

regards

Anderson/SBSP
07-25-2009, 02:51 AM
I don't have news from Nihad, but just before some seconds, when trying to visit his site, i got a message from my antivitus s/w, that there is a Trojan Horse.
Take care there!!

regards

Me too!! Avast block the access.

Wendy
07-25-2009, 03:54 AM
A few days back I have emailed a manufacturer of knobs. They have a huge collection and also aircraft style illuminated knobs. They also produce real aircraft panels.

They have already answered my mail and were going to quote me for the knob as attached to my post. I will keep you informed of pricing and quantity to order. I will keep you posted as soon as I have more news.

Regards, Wendy

riche543
07-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Same here , avast virus warning when trying to vist simknobs link.. also seem to be having trouble loging into Mycockpit.org takes me a few trys, anyone else seeing this cheers Riche..

riche543
07-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah same , avast picked up virus , on simknobs link.. cheers

tomenglish2000
07-25-2009, 09:06 AM
AVG blocks simknobs for me too.

Jackpilot
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
A few days back I have emailed a manufacturer of knobs. They have a huge collection and also aircraft style illuminated knobs.
They were going to quote me for the knob as attached to my post. I will keep you informed of pricing and quantity to order.

This is my source, and prices are hard to beat considering the pro quality of these knobs.
Besides, "dealing with reputable people is becoming a factor to seriously consider" ..
(Padraig, Chapter 7) lol

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=592
approx USD11 each painted backlightable.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=601
Approx USD3.50 each unpainted.

All kind of models:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/hardware_new.php?PHPSESSID=fi3sh2sr81hadnfno7kjvrh760

vidarf
07-27-2009, 06:23 PM
FYI: Nihad contacted me by PM. He has sent me an email, but I haven't received it. Hopefully, the only problem here is that there is a problem for Nihad sending me emails. And if that is the case, I withdraw all my worries towards simknobs and Nihad. Which I really think is the best outcome! Nihad has been a stand up guy all the time I've known him, and I fully understand that he ran into some problems with simknobs he really did not anticipate or ask for.

So lets hope this is a non-issue, and that everything works out for the best. I'll let you know the outcome.

vidarf
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Still haven't gotten any replies.... :(

Padraig
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
This is my source, and prices are hard to beat considering the pro quality of these knobs.
Besides, "dealing with reputable people is becoming a factor to seriously consider" ..
(Padraig, Chapter 7) lol

I aim to rectify this Jack, I am on the mend, and yours are in the mail as we speak.

vidarf
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I've got a few emails from Nihad, and he tells me that he has sent me "a bunch of knobs". That sounds VERY promising! :)

He also tells me that he's got some complaints from people that claims they never heard from him:

"I am sure it is the emails and it is a weird thing as I get more complaints of people saying that they are not hearing from me even though I send back emails."

I do believe this to be true, as I had to use another email account outside my own website. Gmail worked though. I haven't received any emails from Nihad on my regular email address at fagerjord.org, so things adds up here.

As for the simknobs website, Nihad tells me:

"I know about the site and I cant do anything about it at the moment"
This is due to a computer crash.

I haven't received the knobs yet, but I don't know when he actually shipped them to me. So I'm waiting at the moment. Will update this thread when the knobs arrive.

It seems reasonable that we tend to think the worst in such cases, but in this case everything seems to be okay.

vidarf
08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
OH YEAH!!!! :) :) :) The knobs arrived today, and WOW! the quality is second-to-none!
My pressure panel is now completed with knobs. I also got the IRS knobs, the two odd-shaped knobs at the elec panel (with the arched back) - they certainly look better that the one I made myself - and three knobs for the MIP.

I am so pleased! I really hope Simknobs get back online soon, because I still need knobs. :) And I really do not want to buy knobs from anybody else, that's for sure!

Thank you, Nihad! You know where to reach me if you need any help!

Anderson/SBSP
08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
OH YEAH!!!! :) :) :) The knobs arrived today, and WOW! the quality is second-to-none!
My pressure panel is now completed with knobs. I also got the IRS knobs, the two odd-shaped knobs at the elec panel (with the arched back) - they certainly look better that the one I made myself - and three knobs for the MIP.

I am so pleased! I really hope Simknobs get back online soon, because I still need knobs. :) And I really do not want to buy knobs from anybody else, that's for sure!

Thank you, Nihad! You know where to reach me if you need any help!

Please post some pictures of your knobs!!!

vidarf
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Will do, just need some time to do it.

Jackpilot
08-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I aim to rectify this Jack, I am on the mend, and yours are in the mail as we speak.

I take it back....This was written BC. (Before Comback )

As posted, got them and happy camper
Thanks again & sorry 4 the joke.
Cheers
Jack