PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Landed At Wrong Airport...ooops!

No Longer Active
04-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Pilot Landed At Wrong Airport...ooops!

Full Story Here:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090424/tod-oukoe-uk-angola-pilot-6d5fb3c.html

Matt Olieman
04-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Interesting, but not as unusual as you may think... :)

Matt Olieman

No Longer Active
04-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Yeah, but it doesn't look good for TAAG, even i wouldnt like to be onboard one of their aircraft. They have a hole history of problems, and it doesnt look good on them considering they are already banned from flying into an European destination.

I give them some respect though, atleast it was a runway they landed on!

Matt Olieman
04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I give them some respect though, atleast it was a runway they landed on!

LMAO :) :) :) :)

That's right, every landing you can walk away from is a good landing... LOL :)

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
04-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Unfortunately this happened to recent Turkish Airlines flight to Georgia, where the crew managed to land at a military airport (where the runway had been repaired after it was bombed by the Russian military during the recent stand-off between the two countries) 16 km away from but on the same heading as Tblisi Airport. The captain asked for his resignation following the incident, which Turkish Airlines is investigating.

Matt Olieman
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Although this being a serious mistake, like I said earlier, this is not so unusual. Pilots I've talked to, Commercial (corporate pilots) and Private Pilots that have done this are utterly shocked and amazed they've done this.

Some as mentioned by Efe will quit flying, which in my opinion, is too bad. The conditions are usually VFR and are done with visual approaches (non-precision approaches) with nearby airports of the original destinations. Actually, very easy to make that mistake. For those real world pilots here, you know what I'm talking about.

Matt Olieman

No Longer Active
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
For those real world pilots here, you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah i know what your talking about....! :) Lol