PDA

View Full Version : "Real" AI Aircrafts fs9

Jackpilot
04-17-2009, 04:06 PM
When arriving and departing airports I am a bit bored with Landmark, Orbits and the likes...
I do not want to add more traffic, modify positions or anything fancy, just see Air Canada, AA, British Airways etc, "real" names and liveries on FS9 default AI traffc.
Is that possible and if affirmative, how to do it?
Thanks for help
Jack

autocadplease
04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Well I love the add-on Ultimate Traffic. It uses real time schedules with all the real airlines.
I love flying into my local airports and seeing the Air Jazz Dash 8's flying around.
For $30USD I think you won't be disappointed.

Jackpilot
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
With that software:

1) Impact on frame rate at dense airports?
2) what happens with ATC usually guiding default AI
3)what happens with default AI?

autocadplease
04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
With that software:

1) Impact on frame rate at dense airports?
2) what happens with ATC usually guiding default AI
3)what happens with default AI?

1) There is some frame rate at dense airports if you use the real schedules, but everything is adjustable. I scale things back so there is little or no frame rate hit. It is basically the same as adjusting FS traffic slider.

2) ATC still controls the AI aircraft. At dense airports (with the real schedules) you will wait a long time to takeoff - but again it is adjustable.

3) You disable FS AI (slider to 0). I believe the manual tells you to do that.

Tomlin
04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
If you have at least a 1.8 Ghz cpu and decent video card you should be just fine. I can comfortably say that I'd rather have real AI traffic flying in and out and default airports than the other way around. I am a scenery junkie, but AI traffic is a must. However, do yourself a favor first and go to World of AI and download their free AI for whatever airline you want. The quality is very good, sometimes better than Ultimate Traffic :-) and use their installer. It is VERY easy to use and you can be very selective as to what traffic you have then. Again, it's free, and wonderful. I use it to supplement my Ultimate Traffic 2004 package with business jets, miliary AI at mil bases, and the like.

warvet
04-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Yup Jack,
Eric is dead on you'll definitely like the results my friend. Happy Ai ing lol
your friend
Tim

mpl330
04-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Beware though.... It can become very addictive, installing the correct flightplans, repaints, better models etc. etc. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Mike (nearly an AI addict but have learnt to calm it down)

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Beware though.... It can become very addictive, installing the correct flightplans, repaints, better models etc. etc. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Mike (nearly an AI addict but have learnt to calm it down)

This is exactly what I want to avoid!!
So I assume default AI cannot be repainted, right?
In which case what use are all these AI aircrafts available on Avsim?

I am a bit confused

paulj
04-18-2009, 09:18 AM
No they are not useless..Some of the Avsim downloads are repaints of the FS default aircraft, others are repaints of payware and freeware aircraft.
You just have to read the info that is shown on the downloads pages.
I can't remember how to just now but once you have a few repaints available you can then just remove the default paints.
Be aware though that the default aircraft usually are not the best for ai use.
This is what the other guys who have replied to you are saying.
There are better ai aircraft available to you. WOAI are very good and are free.:D

cheers

Paul

Polmer
04-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I also use the freeware AI from World of AI, as it actually gives me a framerate improvement over the default FSX AI. This package works with both FSX & FS9.

First, you must rename (or Delete) your default AI.
You then download the airlines you want ( this did take a while), unzip and place them all in one folder. Next, download the installer and select all of the airline files you previous unzipped to the folder.
New AI will be created, and you can also add or delete airline(s) in the future as you see fit.

Here is a link to the site;

http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

~Polmer

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks a ton guys...
Jack

JBaymore
04-18-2009, 01:34 PM
World of AI is what I have been using for a long time. I also see frame rate improvements over the default aircraft.

Well worth the time to set it up, dwnload, and install ...... which once you understand it after a few packages getting installed.... is a snap.

best,

................john

I also use the freeware AI from World of AI, as it actually gives me a framerate improvement over the default FSX AI. This package works with both FSX & FS9.

First, you must rename (or Delete) your default AI.
You then download the airlines you want ( this did take a while), unzip and place them all in one folder. Next, download the installer and select all of the airline files you previous unzipped to the folder.
New AI will be created, and you can also add or delete airline(s) in the future as you see fit.

Here is a link to the site;

http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

~Polmer

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Just installed world of AI, with AirFrance as a start
Incredibly easy to do. A few clicks, all auto.
AF747 was here in Montreal on schedule! amazing.
Went to Paris..full of new Airbuses, hard to squeeze in though!!! they queue like mad.
Thanks again guys,

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
One question though, when I want to install a new airline, do I run the install program again?

another one: can I get rid of the default AI Aircrafts?

JBaymore
04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
One question though, when I want to install a new airline, do I run the install program again?

another one: can I get rid of the default AI Aircrafts?

To install more airlines and flightplans, you just keep adding them to the installer and running it.... desired airline by airline.

To get rid of the default, just rename the original bgl file to something other than the original name and ending in bgl.

best,

..............john

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks John

Which Bgl? where?

I looked into aircrafts and scenery but no AI

JBaymore
04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
It will be in the same folder that the WOAI installs to.

If you installed to default it will be in C:/ProgramFiles/MicrosoftGames/Scenery/World/Scenery and will be named Traffic...........something.bgl. All of the WOAI installed airline files are labeled with WOAI in their titles so you can recognize them.

Just change the file extension on the original to ".original" or something like that. Once it is not a BGL file, the sim won;t try to load it. There will be TWO original bgl files.... one is all the commercial traffic and the other is all of the GA traffic (if you had that active in the sim).

best,

.................john

Jackpilot
04-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you...well appreciated...love seeing those new liveries!!!

Lynkk
05-25-2009, 04:55 AM
thanx, World of AI works great here too!