PDA

View Full Version : Network disconnecting

Jackpilot
04-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Help computer wizards.
When I fire up the computers they auto load GC and Wideclient.
The FS server shows 3 connected. All is fine.
Randomly, after a some 10 min, my GC-Engine-FMS disconnects, Server shows 2 connected. Closing and reloading GC or Wideclient has no effect.
....???...
Jack

airbus319
04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Make sure power management isnt switching the Network card off mate that could be a reason.

David

Jackpilot
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Sounds good..How can I do that?
Jack

mag
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
select properties in MY PC icon,
delect hardware
select
select dispostives administrator
select network adataptor
select properties
select energy administrator
look at this item,,,
i hope this helps you!:)

Jackpilot
05-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Still does it.
When I fire all computers network is fully communicating, after 20 minutes or some the eicas fmc computer disconnects from the network as before.
Both that computer and the server indicate :
XX is not accessible. You might not have permission blah blah..The network path was not found.
This seems to happen since I put a video card in the eicas computer( was an onboard vid before) and added the FMC.
Any idea

Rodney
05-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Jack,
Run PM filecheck. It will should show the offending IP. Ensure that all pm & FSUIPC/Wideclient .ini files are correct. I had this one and re installing FSUIPC & wideclient corrected the problem. Most likely I corrupted a file during shutdown. Also look at folder shares. I boot the main pc, then the connect pc's. You might have an older wideclient on the offending machine.

fweinrebe
05-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Try a updated driver for the network card. There might be a conflict between the video card driver you just added and the current network driver. Or the current driver might be corrupted.