PDA

View Full Version : I can't believewhat WideView is capable of...

Michael Carter
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I started up the default flight on all three computers at München from yesterdays flight and decided I wanted more frame rate from the client running the twin displays.

I started at Klangenfurt which I don't have add-on scenery for and found one of my canned flight plans for Hannover, which I don't have scenery for either.

Only default scenery from FS for both of these airports.

All three computers and WidevieW performed flawlessly. I've never seen scenery look this good. The views were mostly aligned with just a bit of mis-alignment in certain circumstances. Nothing I can define...it was just there when it was and other times it was perfect.

I really enjoyed this flight and I'm enjoying my Boeing 727 about 100% more than I was a week ago. If you're still looking out the front on a single monitor, you have to investigate the possibilities of this software.

This guy gets the Nobel prize in Software Development from me. I wish I could afford to give him more of a prize than $35 dollars for it. ;)

I can't believe people think up this stuff for us.:!::!::!:

This software is on par with Pete's developement of FSUIPC for the visual aspect of sim building.

brynjames
04-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Good to hear how well it is going for you!

Does this version synchronise (a) weather, and (b) AI traffic across the different screens?
ISTR this used to be a limitation but is now fixed.

--
Bryn

jmig
04-09-2009, 08:30 AM
How well does it work with FSX?

Trevor Hale
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Good to hear how well it is going for you!

Does this version synchronise (a) weather, and (b) AI traffic across the different screens?
ISTR this used to be a limitation but is now fixed.

--
Bryn

Traffic yes.... Weather Yes, but not clouds.. Cloud position is not defined in FS, just the type of cloud you are flying around. therefore it is possible that you fly through a cloud on your front view, and it may not be in your side view.

Trev

Trevor Hale
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
How well does it work with FSX?

It would be expensive with FSX. cause #1. each pc needs its on copy of FSX, and each PC needs to be able to run FSX with the same frame rates across the board.

but if you can do that, it will work great.

Trev

farrokh747
05-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi Trevor -

Do you know if WideView works with MyTraffic for FS9? Would you see traffic on the client PC's? I think Luciano mentioned that WideTraffic would sync the native FS traffic, but may not for addon's -

Just starting to set up WideView for a 3 projector system -

Cheers!

Farrokh.

Michael Carter
05-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't know.

The ground traffic for add-on airports seems to work fine.