PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Workstation

fweinrebe
03-19-2009, 03:55 PM
I came across this workstation in the March 2009 Popular Mechanics magazine (SA publication). It's called the "Emperor Workstation" by a Canadian company called Novelquest. The website is at http://www.novelquest.com/MediaGal/en/categories.php?cat_id=4.

This workstation looks more like a scorpion, but I like the idea of the 3 LCD Touch monitors the most. Cool visuals idea for someone with limited space.

Kennair
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Very cool Fritz. Almost looks like sitting in the lap of the monster from Alien. Perhaps a little elaborate for some but it would certainly model a fighter sim, dare I say a PC9 :) I would hate to see the price however.

Ken.

BTW. I was at the Avalon Airshow here in Aus last weekend and was a guest of Pilatus Aus. at their Chalet. Got to see the new PC21's flown in by the Singapore Airforce. Very nice!!

No Longer Active
03-20-2009, 06:59 AM
It almost looks like it walks, its definately that robot from 'Aliens' i think!

Imagine playing Doom on that thing, though i think its a little bit over the top!

Its basicaly an overbuilt, oversized, pumped out chair with 3 sceens you expect to find on the till at the grocery store! lol :)

But VERY cool, definately one for the fighter pilot as Kennair said!

BHawthorne
03-20-2009, 07:10 AM
The the pricetag on that thing they could at least use good LCD resolution. TH2G digital has a better resolution than that thing.

warvet
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Hawthorne,
No disrespect meant when I say this , but you have got to be the most negativbe poster I have ever seen here, have you considered trying to look at the positive to things instead. Every single thing has positive and negative, you may find overall your posts to be much more respected and appreciated when they are of positive nature. JMO On the other point I think this machine is a fantastic piece of modern technology that could certainly be of some beneficial use to someone looking to just solve space and get in the air ASAP. Thanks for sharing this Fritz.

Tim

mauriceb
03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Keeping things on the negative side ;), I can see Michael Jackson shelling out $39,950 USD for this contraption and I would also likely be very tempted if I won the lottery just because it looks so darn cool, but my guess is that mere mortals are not going to rush & buy this 'creature' despite the 'cool factor' :D

Maurice

warvet
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
hahahaaha Maurice my friend.
I could definitely picture you in that thing lol :)

Tim

fweinrebe
03-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Very cool Fritz. Almost looks like sitting in the lap of the monster from Alien. Perhaps a little elaborate for some but it would certainly model a fighter sim, dare I say a PC9 :) I would hate to see the price however.

Ken.

BTW. I was at the Avalon Airshow here in Aus last weekend and was a guest of Pilatus Aus. at their Chalet. Got to see the new PC21's flown in by the Singapore Airforce. Very nice!!

I would definitely be able to build a PC9 around that monster. ;)

I am very jealous about you seeing the PC21. I would have rather build a PC21, if there wasn't more than nothing about it available on the net to build from. Lovely piece of technology the PC21.

mauriceb
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
hahahaaha Maurice my friend.
I could definitely picture you in that thing lol :)

Tim

Only if I could convine my wife this is an exercise machine that will increase my remaining life span (or perhaps reduce it might me more appealing to her) :mrgreen:

Maurice