PDA

View Full Version : Weird: WidevieW stops Opencockpits modules

Goldmember
03-19-2009, 02:56 PM
I used to have an Opencockpits MCP and EFIS working in my setup with WidevieW but for no apparent reason the MCP and EFIS stop to respond when I switch on WidevieW since yesterday. When I turn a dial on the MCP, I hear the standard XP error sound. Also, when I press the P key on the keyboard I hear the same sound, though this function does work (pause). When I switch off WidevieW, it still doesn't work. I have to reload the flight to get it working again; that is... until I switch on WidevieW again (this is very consistent).

I did a system restore to the date that I'm sure it still worked but to no avail. I switched off my virus scanner, no luck. I disabled the parallel port (because I have been working on a hardware module), no change. I reinstalled WidevieW, same thing. I tried it with only 1 device (the MCP without the EFIS and vice versa), no luck.

The Saitek Yoke does work, it's on the same USB hub as the MCP and EFIS. The network is ok, I can access everything over the network.

This is a hair puller. Anybody?

steveeverson
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I've had a similar thing with wideview - I have an opencockpits MCP and various BU0386, saitek yokes etc running PMDG. I found that if you click away from the FS9 Window and then go back to it the problem goes away
Hope this helps
Steve

Goldmember
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Un. Be. Lie. Va. Ble. It works! :D

Who would ever think of that? I was about to reinstall the whole system. Thanks a million!