PDA

View Full Version : Need a wee bit of help wiring....

Crescent
03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to wiring. I have Leo's BUO836X card and at this time I'm looking to hook up my throttle and yoke to it, but I"m not sure exactly where on the card to plug into.

The throttle at this time only has one pot. There are three prongs...labelled 1 2 3. Exactly what slots would I wire these to?

The yoke will have two pots...one for roll and one for pitch axis.

Lastly, will I need FSUIPC to calibrate/run the yoke and throttle?

Thanks again.

Rodney
03-13-2009, 01:29 AM
You pot is likely;
1 = ground
2 = output (slider)
3 = 5V DC

If it has a name and part number on it, use a search engine for the web and try to find out the specs on it.

On the card they follow the pot; 1 = GND. 2 = X. 3 = 5V.

You can use FSUIPC. Don't forget to clear the joystick assignments in the controls section for the card in FS.

There is another thread here somewhere that covers some basic wiring or a link to it. I don't have the time to find it just now.

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
hello captain......
good choice..... ok from what i understand, you want to add 3 axes. look on the card and you will see X Y & Z axes inputs. each has 3 push fits.
and as rodney said, they are GND -WIPER - 5vdc.
your pots will have three pins. the two outer ones are GND & 5vdc and the middle one is the input.
if your axis operates 'back to front', simply swap the GND and 5vdc connections and it will work the other way round. simple as that.
good luck and have a great weekend.
regards from wales ... ian