PDA

View Full Version : CNC/Gcode

riche543
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi all, I have Finally finished building my CNC machine , Still lots to learn about though, Does anyone have cad or Gcode files for 737 panels , I am using Mach3 for my machine software, Thanks guys ....:D

autocadplease
03-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Download my 737 CAD file (DXF format) in the download section (I just uploaded it - so it might take a day to get approved). Then just open it in LazyCam make some toolpaths and post a G-code. You will only need the freeware Lazycam version to do this.

riche543
03-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Thankyou for your fast reply , I have downloaded those files , Am i right in saying they are only the cuts & not the Engraving of the letters? Im still very new to the CNC Hobby world, Finding it a bit hard to learn Everything About the process but going slow with it, anyway thanks again .... ;-)

Hessel Oosten
03-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Letters in AutoCad preparing for CNC engraving:

1. Make text with font and height of your choise.

2. Choose from menu: Express tools - Text - Explode text and select your text - Enter.

3. Type explode - Select text again - Enter.

4. Delete now the wrong lines in the letters (selecting from right below to left up goes fastest, because all the wrong lines are double).

5. Save as dxf.

Now you've double line text which can be used by your toolpath generator.

Hessel Oosten

wannabeaflyer
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Guys i am also at the same stage you have reached , i have built a small machine as a training tool if you like which is able to do PCB's and small Panels ( Radios ,Nav Etc ) basically i was after Cad drawings for Radio panels suitable for GA type aircraft , and came across this post, Am doing the rounds of Demo CAM programs at the moment and have looked at CAMBAM , LAZYCAM, D2NC,ETC others are way way way out o my budget range :-) to be Run through MACH3. With regards to your 737NG cad drawing would i be right in saying that i would have to sellect the Panel area i need to Generate G Code For and Erase the Rest of the Main Drawing temporarally . Then save as DXF or R12 DWG format then import that file into the CAM package of Choice ?.. Please correct me if im doing this the hard way .. Hi "autocadplease" i Missed getting your proper name off the post LOL:-) what was your impression of lazycam for producing 2.5D profiles.. am getting to the point where i will have to commit to a full package soon but dont really want to break the bank what with all the other aspects of my Sim that need attention ...

autocadplease
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Wannabeflyer,

CAM Software
I do not have the full version of LazyCam - I use an expensive CAM program because I make signs and other 2.5D relief art on my CNC. If you are on a budget and want to do 2.5D, use Google's Sketchup to make your 2.5/3D models, get the free STL converter ruby script for Sketchup and use Freemill. Freemill will cost you nothing but can only do 3D relief work. Between what the free version of LazyCam can do and what FreeMill can do - you should be able to CNC almost anything for free. (There is also a Mach3 post for FreeMill on the net too).

DXF Drawing:
Yes, the drawing is the master drawing and you will need to either select the panel and copy it or delete everything else. When I did my MIP I deleted everything except the openings I wanted.

Hessel Oosten
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Free too: http://www.cambam.co.uk/

Hessel

JW&Partner
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi,

for engraving panels I would recommend a small program called Schrifttodxf.de with this tool you can create all kind of TT fonts as a vector based double lined font. It also includes a so called single line font which is best for engraving. you can export everything in dxf.

regards Jörg