PDA

View Full Version : Cool Visitor

warvet
02-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Heres something that doesnt happen everyday my Business Partner and big brother Mike shows up at my door tonight with a visitor and wanted to show this visitor my A340 which is surprisingly still pretty functional and intact, complete, overhead, Front/side views all PFD/ND and Ecam and ped etc. Anyhow this visitor turned out to be none other than Tom Berenger the actor, how cool is tat. Anyhow he loved the sim and we had a blast doing some flights over South Carolina where he now lives. Hes here for a month doing a movie and just finished one called Stiletto. So we flew around abit and I showed him my Martial Arts studio, demoed a few things and now he wants me to work with him on some stuff and tomorrow hes introducing me to Lou Diamond Phillips and Charlie Sheen both who are in town for some movie stuff so overall a pretty cool weekend. Just thought I'd share it with you guys and say how much fun he had flying in my sim. :)Ill get some pics with him this week or next and postem up

Regards
Tim

Joe Cygan
02-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Very cool Tim!

Michael Carter
02-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Really cool! Just remember us little people at the next awards show!

Trevor Hale
02-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Fantastic Tim,

Thats incredible. Good for you. Man, that would be awesome.

Trev

warvet
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh and just to let you guys know I did show him the forum and pics of some of yours sims and he thought you guys setups were mindblowing. So see Mike I didnt forget my friends. You guys definitely deserve credit for the amazing job you guys do on your setups and I was proud to show your stuff to him.

Tim

NigelD
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
That is soooo cool! I love Tom Berenger....Sniper is one of my alltime favourite movies! Well done my man!

Nigel.

ivar hestnes
02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Very cool Tim:)

Next thing to do. Try to sneak up on mr. Travolta so you can have a free ride in his 707:D

mauriceb
02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
wanted to show this visitor my A340 which is surprisingly still pretty functional and intact, complete, overhead, Front/side views all PFD/ND and Ecam and ped etc.
Tim

Ok now, I must have been transported back in time or to the future. Didn't you just sell most of your sim not that long ago and said you might restart building a new one in a few years once your new business venture took off? Are you the same Tim, or did you get re-incarnated, or am I just getting more senile? :D

Maurice

Gsey
02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes interested in an answer in this myself seeing as I purchased the systems software from you??

Gary

warvet
02-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Lol Guys,
Your too funny. Well I didnt need the systems software gary cause I scaled back. I still have the PFD/ND and ECAM ,replaced the FCU with a Goflight Pro MCP temporarily, the overhead , some stuff on pedestal minus radios, CDUs (use only software)and FCU. I still have frame seats and thrust levers, rudders/sticks etc so it still looks very much like a A340 lol. Not quite what it did but it looks good. So overall it still looks pretty good to a novice non builder :) Havent decided what to do with rest yet, Im definitely not selling it at ridiculous prices Ill keep it instead.Also doing alot of Xplane more than FS9 so I use track IR4 Pro and my cockpit.

Tim

mauriceb
02-23-2009, 08:18 AM
so it still looks very much like a A340 lol. Not quite what it did but it looks good. So overall it still looks pretty good to a novice non builder :) Tim

So, a stripped down, run-down Airbus. What a sorry sight indeed :roll:. Why don't you just admit it Tim, you suffer from Boeing envy and you are finally coming out of the closet & coming to grips with your true desires. Pity it took so long :p

Maurice

warvet
03-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Ok heres a star update :) My wife Martha and I just came back from a most enjoyable evening. we had a short visit with Steven Seagal and then dinner with another good friend of ours. Nw before you guys start sneezing with the sound AHHHHBULLSHITTTT!! Ill explain further.As alot of you knew I sold alot of my major sim pieces of my a340 sim to help finance start of new businesses GlideFitness canada and Fitonsale.com well im happy to report both are doing pretty well. Anyhow I get a call from one of my students who works at a very popular hotel downtown very heavily frequented by Movie celebrities when they are in Vancouver filming. Because of the $$ more motion pics are being filmed here now than in Hollywood. Ok so my student who is a manager/concierge intercepts that Mr.Steven Seagal needs a treadmill in his penthouse suite.well my student tells them (Steven Seagal's assistants and bodyguards etc) That I am his martial arts teacher and I deal with fitness supply company as a gift i bring one of my treadmills for him to use for 5 weeks hes here free of charge including installation. Well long story short hes thrilled that i would do this for him,, hes a true gentleman and was kind enough to provide me a photo. It was truly quite a sight. whats cool is as you see the picture I am 200lbs and 6'0 in pretty good shape and he a big man compared hes 6'4 and alot heavier than me :)
regards Tim

mauriceb
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
And all this time, I thought you were a 'dangerous' type, but apparently you are just a little shrimp compared to a real macho man :roll:. I'm no longer afraid to come face to face with you in a dark alley... all I really need is Michael Fox as a bodyguard :D

Maurice
ps. Still glad there are about 5,000 kms separating us :D

Michael Carter
03-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Wow!

You must be doing something right, that's for sure.

I like Seagal. I like most of his movies. I didn't realize he was that big of a guy. He doesn't look that tall on-screen.

warvet
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Well as promised heres a great shot of me and Tom last night after alittle bit of training and some great ideas on the new movie hes looking to have me work with him on in Ireland. Well hope it pans out cause then I will be putting all my mistakes from the past in sim building and all you gents amazing discoveries, talents and ideas to work on my new beautiful sim that I will build :) Yes Matt your right you just cant leave this dang hobby lol.
Oh and just a tip I got from Tom and some directors and Producer buddies ive beeen meeting with this week, contact film agents and film companies in your local area with pucs and vid if possible of your sim, they are always looking for sets of this nature for film that comes up. If they have to cut it apart at all so as to get angles for shots etc they pay you and their carpenters will build you either whole new shells or put hinges or whate have you to make it transportable all on their dime. Last guy they paid him recently Iwas told $5,000 a day to use his setup. Just a thought, oh and for thoseof you who are film/movie buffs the movie to just finished was the Prequel to smoking aces which is a pretty wild show. So his movie is what makes that one make sense. He also did stilletto which is a great mob movie if you like that genre.
Tim

Michael Carter
03-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Good stuff Tim.

Let Joe or I know when the next 727 movie is gonna be made! ;)

Let's see, uh...Snakes on an Aging Airliner. No, that's been done before. Uh...

I know! AIRPORT '65. That should be a good one. :D

BHawthorne
03-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Name dropping brings bad karma... Are you sure these people want you talking about them on this forum? ;)

mauriceb
03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Are you sure these people want you talking about them on this forum? ;)

You are kidding, right? An actor (or actress) who wouldn't want to be talked about anywhere or anytime?? :shock: :D

Maurice

Efe Cem Elci
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Maurice, I got stuck on one word ;)

Are you sure these people want you talking about them on this forum? ;)

warvet
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Name dropping brings bad karma... Are you sure these people want you talking about them on this forum? ;)

Hmmmmmmm do I detect some sour grapes of some sort.lol or maybe not , either way if talking in a positive way about someone will bring a person bad Karma hmm well guess alot of us are in the soup :) Well let me asert my point apparently with what I thought was unecessary clarification. As Maurice, Matt and quite a few others can attest to I hve been in this hobby for close to a decade now and made many aquaintences and even what I would call good friends, and probably some not so good friends lol :):) I'm sure, I wasn't name dropping anything of the kind there Mr hawthorne merely sharing some interesting antedotes with some closefriends and aquaintences. the same as many here have done regarding other such similar connections for example some here who have met famous fighter pilots or Wrestling superstars from far gone eras etc I could continue not to mention sharing interesting and touching things that occur in each of our lives such as our children or grandchildren or perhaps a small piece of a fantastic vacation ..right Trev ;) great pics by the way :) Anyhow my point I think has been made. The next movie stars or celebrities you have befriended Mr Hawthorne please feel free to share your story or antedote with us because as my friend has clearly pointed out Im sure the celebrity would have no problem mentioning them in a positive light such as I have and especially if the y are a good friend not just someone you got an autograph from and had to move up in line so next person could tke their turn ;) But you know what Mr hawthorne out of respect for your obvious enough concernthat you needed to publically point it out, Ill ask my good friend Tom tonight at a birthday party for my brother that he'll be attending, and see in fact if h'ed prefer to remain un mentioned in forums such as this by me or others who may know him. Thank you so much for your concern though Sir, duly noted. I'll get back to you on the results of my queiry.:)

Oh off topic guys as I will be meeting with Tom tonight if any of you are fans of his movies and would like an autographed copy, send me PM asap before 6 pm Pacific with what you want it to say and Ill get a photo of that movie off internet have me sign it for you, give me name your mailing addy as well as the movie you liked in pm and ill send it off to you this week. I definitely need it before 6 though cause then Im off to party after that.

Kind regards
Tim