PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Panels Question

Buddym
02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I wondered if anyone has a photo of one of the Cockpitsonic A320 radio panel kits? I wanted to see what options are available to assemble the electronic parts.... I assume it's like the FDS panels and there is no PCB behind it to mount parts on. I saw Brian's panel and it looks great, I think said it's a FDS panel. Looked like the parts were mounted onto perf board... is that how everyone does it?

Thanks,

Buddy

pdpo
02-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Hi there,

I have bought some time ago the radia panesl from cockpit sonic. I have also asked them
to include the black engraved buttons and they did this for a very neat price. Since I cant engrave myself. I have then put my electronics behind the panel and have now a fully functional RMP panel, the audio panel I have not finished yet.

Fotos can be seen on this forum in the photo gallery under my username.

Greetz Peter

Buddym
02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks very much for the reply, and the info. i have a RMP panel from a company that is since out of business, and wonder about making my own.

I have a FCU panel that I am working on right now, similar in some ways to the panel used on the www.fdpa320.com project. I am cutting the display mount as I type this. I hope to have some fotos to post very soon. I am still experimenting with engraving the text and legends for the backlit panel..... wonder if anyone here has experience with that sort of thing...maybe Brian does.. I will have to ask him.

Sicne you seem to respond to posts often, let me ask another question... do most implementations of the FCU use simple single rotary encoders, and single push button switches?

Thanks,
Buddy

Buddym
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi All,

Thought I would post a couple of pics showing my progress on the FCU panel. This one will more than likely only be used until I get good at engraving, but it will do testing and developing until then.

BuddyM
Tampa A320 Builder

brianwilliamson
03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Gooday Buddy.......Not sure from the photos what sort of plastic you are using. I always use white 2 or 3 mm. and if it needs to be thicker then I glue it onto a clear plastic base. I then cut the panel out completely on the cnc, and the spray paint it with the required colour. Then replace it back on the cnc and do the engraving. My radio panel was done this way, and the electronics were done on perf. board. Not all that neat but have not had time to do a complete PCB for them yet.
Hope this helps......................Brian W.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/bwillo_photo/RADIO-PERF-BRD.jpg

Buddym
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi Brian,

Great looking panels you have made there! The plastic is 3mm white polycarb. I received new engraving bits today in the post, and the quick test cuts I did are very promising! I didn't have any plastic painted to test text/legends on, so I made a test cut of lines in a previous test panel I had first tried engraving on. I dropped a few 1/1000s on 4 passes and the lines came out smooth as silk! I can't wait til paint dries on another test panel so I can try some fonts and legends. The backlighting shows thru great on the test panel I made, I hope to have more photos soon. By the way, what sort of bit do you use for your engraving, and how deep do you cut with it?

Thanks,
Buddy

brianwilliamson
03-13-2009, 02:39 AM
I get my bits here: http://www.precisebits.com/default.htm
You do not need to go too deep on the engraving. Probably 0.1 to 0.2 mm.
have fun................Brian W.