PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Drivers!!

mounty
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi All you Airbus drivers,

I am looking for information as to what make of sidestick you are using. I am building a 737/Airbus generic pit and can't seem to find a left hand stick or an ambidexterous stick so looking for ideas and help on this.

Many Thanks

Rob

NigelD
02-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi,
I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo at the moment. It has a removeable hand support which makes it left or right handed if you need it to be. I'm planning an Airbus cockpit too so I intend to use a pair of them. They don't look anything like the real thing but hey...compromise?

Another option might be a Wasp 2 joystck. It's a cheap, rather funky looking thing. And it's ambidextrous. But it has no rudder control. It IS less than a tenner! They are available on Amazon and eBay, among other places.

Nigel.

warvet
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Rob,
I use Wingman Logitech has a similar look to Airbus at least for me.

Tim

fweinrebe
02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Rob,

maybe you will find this thread interesting. There was a discussion about the Airbus side stick.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14006

mounty
02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks Guys,

It looks like a toss up between logitec and Saitek. Have to see if they're in stock at the local Future Shop.

Rob

airbus319
02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Its been bugging me cause I knew I had seen them on one site, finally found them on the Routech site

http://www.routech.ro/

hope this helps mate

regards

Dave

Efe Cem Elci
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Ahhh... I think that's what I had in mind Dave but just couldn't remember the company. I kept reminding myself to check the business cards when I got home.

warvet
02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow Rob after seeing this site that Dave put up that looks like a pretty decent setup for a pretty good price. And the tiller is great.Good luck with it Rob JMO

Tim

Matt Olieman
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Tim, makes you want to build another sim.... right???? :)

Matt Olieman