PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance sounds

Jackpilot
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
What I would like to achieve:

Based on a bank of prerecorded message (wav.) to passengers such as greetings on boarding, reaching cruising alt, warning for turbulence, preparing for descent..etc, (with several possible versions/voices in each category).
All these sounds coming from behind the cockpit door.

Have a software which plays them randomly as they are triggered by flight parameters.

I tried Pete's Esound but cant get the random effect.

Any hint

Geremy Britton
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
The software 'FsPassengers' does exactly that! Based on the leg of the flight no promtping needed it looks at the flight status.

Definately software i would recommend.
Hope that helps a little. (And i'm trying out the transponder panel tonight! :D)

Jackpilot
02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
It seems to do too much to my liking.
I'll try the demo anyway.
(Seems to me I saw some negative reports here on that software)
I do not wish to overload the PC with flight analysis, reports, and certainly not hack a virtual copilot.
Anything more simple...just in case.?
Thanks anyway Gez

Geremy Britton
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
unfortunately not that i know of anyway...

You might have to be creative:)

ak49er
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
You could "hack" FS PAssengers. I like the ambience it provides, but it makes my Project Open Sky A/C too fragile, I always crash when taxiing due to taxiway irregulariteis. I hacked the file to get rid of some sounds, one could hack away at it until all that was left was a sound program maybe?

Jackpilot
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I use Posky 737-700 too, very nice flight model, once set with the correct thrust/trim/attidude it flies hands off with very nice stable approaches, do not want to compromise that.

ak49er
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Would you share your .cfg settings for the thrust/trim/attitude, or are you talking just about in flight "trimming"

Jackpilot
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
I didnt do anything with the files...just regular pilot imput .
You have to factor in the weight too.
Once the proper speed is set for the flight configuration (attitude, trim and thrust) it flies "on rails"

warvet
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Guys,
FYI I took my FS passenger program hacked all the wavs and then just applied them to input/output signals to activate upon use of a given input. It works fine. Just set it up so as you go through your checklist you activate sounds by flipping required switches and I also took and replaced certain sounds from FS Passenger and directly substituted existing ones on FS9 and Im very happy with results. Overall I hate the FS Passenger program because it really affects my A/C operation too much for my liking. But the sound files are awsome.
JMO
Tim

blueskydriver
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Jack, ck your PM box.

Holclo
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I downloaded the freeware FDSFXpnl and use that with dedicated pushbuttons. The attached wave files are very realistic. I enjoy having cabin announcements when "I" want them. Sometimes when I fly for a quick T/O and Lndg I prefer to fly silent!
Bill

ak49er
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Guys,
FYI I took my FS passenger program hacked all the wavs and then just applied them to input/output signals to activate upon use of a given input. It works fine. Just set it up so as you go through your checklist you activate sounds by flipping required switches and I also took and replaced certain sounds from FS Passenger and directly substituted existing ones on FS9 and Im very happy with results. Overall I hate the FS Passenger program because it really affects my A/C operation too much for my liking. But the sound files are awsome.
JMO
Tim
Tim is this using Project Magenta, and if so is it possible to do it without PM?

warvet
02-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Yup,
im using PM doing it but it doesnt run on PM at all so yes it will absolutely work without PM.

Tim

ak49er
02-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Search around the freeware sites, there are several add-on panels that have what you are looking for. They are discreet panels, some functions are triggered manually, some are automatic with option for off. I may have a few downloaded, I'll look and see, I have not tested any of them.

ak49er
02-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Search around the freeware sites, there are several add-on panels that have what you are looking for. They are discreet panels, some functions are triggered manually, some are automatic with option for off. I may have a few downloaded, I'll look and see, I have not tested any of them.

Jackpilot
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I would prefer to have them triggered auto...more realistic, sort of! lol

JBaymore
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
You might also look at Aerosoft's AES package. It adds a lot of great stuff to fs2004 (not FSX). The ambience sounds are great.

One problem is that it pops a menu up on the front view when the keys are activated. Haven't figured out how to get rid of that yet. I haven't figured out how to get the sounds directed off the main fs sound buss yet either.

best,

..................john

warvet
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Just a lil point to those looking to use AES Aerosoft, its a cool little program but to get a decent benefit out of it, the problem is its extremely cost prohibitive. It doesnt take you to the parking stand issued to you by ATC, it ignores other AI aircraft which can be tricky, and most importantly the amount of actual airports it supports are very low comparison to the world we fly in. Don't get me wrong guys this is a really cool little program but with the buy credit system to activate an airport system they use, it can definitely get to be more cost than what you get.On a good point the pushback feature is really helpful and extremely accurrate. This is JMO and I suggest you try the free demo version for yourself. I stopped using it for reasons listed. Good luck

tim

JBaymore
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I have a number of payware airports loaded for fs2004 and have AES activated for all of them. So I tend to fly from one AES supported airport to another. So for me, it is OK. And I don't find it that cost prohibitive since it keeps me from having to upgrade tons ao hardware to run FSX to get similar stuff with OK framerates ;).

Points above are valid. Look before you leap. Best thing is to download the Grimshaw freeware KBOS (which is a FlyTampa "teaser" airport), and the free Aerosoft AES demo. They work together...and you can see what it actually does.

BTW...... You CAN get the follow-me car to go to the parking issued by ATC... you just have to manually select it after it is verbally issued....the car does not automatically go there.

Having the cleaning crew and food delivery folks working in the back, the passengers boarding as the attendants welcome them, the de-icing trucks spraying before taxi, and other such stuff is a nice touch. The pushback tug and the ground crew giving instructions is also a nice touch.

I just wish I could separate the groundcrew sounds to my headset which is on a separate computer, and the ambience to a third computer.

best,

.................john

phil.
02-05-2009, 05:08 AM
i thought that when using the AES, the instruction always pop up at the screen, the problem is that when i'm in the cockpit i'm not using a mouse and keyboard. What to do then ?
Phil.

JBaymore
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
i thought that when using the AES, the instruction always pop up at the screen, the problem is that when i'm in the cockpit i'm not using a mouse and keyboard. What to do then ?
Phil.

You don't need a mouse... the selections are keypress driven. Assign a switch to select them and put that panle somewhere in the pit. The real issue is wishing to get RID of the pop-up menu. Not sure that is possible.

best,

.................john

Gnorfie
04-19-2009, 01:23 AM
HI,

Have you tried this freeware program: http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/enviro/

It's called Enviro, and you can put sounds in any bank you like and activate the banks while flying with Ctrl 1, Ctrl2 etc.

Greetings, Benno.

mounty
04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if the FSUIPC mousetrapping facility will work to use AES without having the menu on the screen. I think I'll play with that and see what happens.

Rob

JBaymore
04-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if the FSUIPC mousetrapping facility will work to use AES without having the menu on the screen. I think I'll play with that and see what happens.

Rob

Interesting thought, but isn;t the AES stuff keyboared selected, not mouse selected? I use buttons in the pit for AES so I have never tried a mouse on the menus.

best,

................john

mounty
04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I have programmed one of my GF 48's to open, close and use AES. The only reason I need to see the menu is because I can't remember what action is what. Haven't tried it without the AES menu on the screen. Will have a go later.

Rob