PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds changes, errors?

blueskydriver
01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey MYC staff,

Can you look into the classifieds section concerning the picture sizes that are being used? Whatever has been changed to allow bigger photos for recent ads, is causing the comment section for an ad to be messed up. I tried entering a comment and I get a single character spacing (vertical down) scroll box for a place to enter it. After trying it and submitting, it doesn't work...

Thanks guys,

John

EDIT: okay the comments did come up, but I could not see the scroll box for entry when I typed the comment(s) in.

Geremy Britton
01-19-2009, 03:26 PM
John, i have also noticed this. The sizes of the pictures in the classifieds are very large - taking up most of the screen. I have to scroll across to read the details.

Could it be put back to normal?

Trevor Hale
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Got it sort of fixed for now... LOL.

Let me know if it gets worse then what it is.

Trev

Deesystems
01-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Ill take a look,

Dee

blueskydriver
01-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Trevor and Dee,

Go to an ad for an individual (like the Engravity CDU ad), select Post Comment, and then scroll down for the entry box for the comment. It is a narrow vertical rectangle box where you cannot see what your typing...

John

Deesystems
01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
John,

Thanks for the heads up, I see the issue and error.
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Ill look into this and get it fixed asap!

Dee

Deesystems
01-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Flight team,

Could team members test and see if the issues with classifieds are fixed :wink:

Dee

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Dee,

I just looked at the ad of Rodney's MCP/MIP and when I try to post a comment it still only shows a narrow vertical scroll box for entering the comment (which is not usable). Also, if you just scroll down on the initial page (under quick reply for the ad) you'll see the same type of box. Otherwise, the photo thumbnails are working correctly...

John

Matt Olieman
01-22-2009, 09:02 AM
either Dee just fixed the problem, but I don't get what you describe John. What Browser are you using?

Matt Olieman

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Matt,

I'm using IE 7.0.5730.11. I attached a couple of photos to show what I'm seeing...

Those boxes used to be quite large to enter a comment about the item.

John

Deesystems
01-22-2009, 09:29 AM
John,

I took a screen of what im seeing,,

Post Comment:

http://www.mycockpit.org/images/rodney.png

quick reply

http://www.mycockpit.org/images/rodneyquick.png

Dee,

I just looked at the ad of Rodney's MCP/MIP and when I try to post a comment it still only shows a narrow vertical scroll box for entering the comment (which is not usable). Also, if you just scroll down on the initial page (under quick reply for the ad) you'll see the same type of box. Otherwise, the photo thumbnails are working correctly...

John

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Dee,

Which browser version are you using? I still see what I showed in the photos I attached. I did try to enter text into the box the way I see it as one letter at a time and the comments are getting posted. So, it works as it's supposed to be for function, but not visually correct in my browser.

Can someone else check and see what they're getting on this; hopefully, it's just a browser issue on my end and not something you'll have to spend too much time on Dee.

John

Matt Olieman
01-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I just tried it on EI8 and I get the same as John. Works fine with Google Chrome.

Matt Olieman

Hobbies
01-22-2009, 09:41 AM
John,

Deesystems is useing IE7 7.0.6001.18000

My login shows this in Fire fox 3.04

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Matt,

Thanks for checking this with me. I'm not sure what is causing it, but it was all fine before the problems with the photos came up.

John

Deesystems
01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
John,

Could you try, Delete temp internet files from IE

Dee/Hobbies

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Dee,

I just deleted the IE temp files and closed the browser, and then re-opened it. It's still the same...

I'm going to restart my computer and see if it changes anything. Otherwise, I don't know what is different. But, Matt says he is seeing the same as I in IE 8 and that makes it even more perplexing?

John

EDIT: I restarted and it's still the same. If you discover something please let me know.

Rodney
01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
I got 2 email notifications of comments, but I don't see them in the ad. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Deesystems
01-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Admin had to approve coments.

Dee

I got 2 email notifications of comments, but I don't see them in the ad. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Deesystems
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
John,,

How are you getting to Classifieds?

Could you post the URL your useing to get to classifieds.

I think i see your issue.

Dee

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Dee,

Here is the URL for classifieds:

http://www.mycockpit.org/mcpclass/index.php

John

blueskydriver
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Dee,

I checked the Classifieds again and it's still same. However, you made change to the way the comments are posted and it looks better that way.

Any ideas yet?

John