PDA

View Full Version : Selling Your Sim

AndyT
01-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Ok, here's a tough question for you.

Lets say for whatever reason you are going to sell your sim as a full package deal. No parting it out.
How much do you ask for it?
What's it worth to you?

Michael Carter
01-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Mine will probably never be worth over $9,999. It is to me, but no one would ever give that much for it.

Jackpilot
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Totally depends on the state of completion/sophistication/visuals...I do not think that we can come up with representative figure as it can go from a few hundred for a flyable but basic setting to tens of thousands for a full trainer, with no upper limit.
Plus the fact that, as Mike pointed it, if someone is ready to dish out 10-30+K he(she?) will probably favor a Turnkey vendor.
My 2 million cents!!

Tomlin
01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
There's almost always a price tag for these things, but sometimes like others said, it's worth much more to the owner than it is as parts, or a culmination of parts/assembly. I chose a high amount because I couldnt imagine getting rid of it anytime soon. I've been very blessed to get a lot of stuff for the sim at great prices, but it's worth a ton to me.

Rodney
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
For me it would be getting the inital cost of items out of it. I don't think that will happen. Everyone wants a deal. It's kind of like building a custom car, rather let it rust than sell.