PDA

View Full Version : Engine spool/non spool issues

Tomlin
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Ive noticed that about 75% of the time when I start my engines in the default LJ45, that upon hitting the left or right START switch, the engine will start spooling and show an increase in N1 value, but then jump back to zero, even though N2 is showing a continuous climb as well as the engine sound climbing as normal too. Sometimes though, it wont do this at all and it's all perfect.

Really getting anoying though- has anyone else seen this or know of a fix?

Thomas Richter
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Ive noticed that about 75% of the time when I start my engines in the default LJ45, that upon hitting the left or right START switch, the engine will start spooling and show an increase in N1 value, but then jump back to zero, even though N2 is showing a continuous climb as well as the engine sound climbing as normal too. Sometimes though, it wont do this at all and it's all perfect.

Hi Eric
Do you mean the engines shut down then as well or only the display in pmRJ?

Tomlin
12-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks Thomas. The engines are actually running but the N1 value shows them at 0.0% and then eventually they catch up with the actual number/display value that they should be at.

thanks,

Thomas Richter
12-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks Thomas. The engines are actually running but the N1 value shows them at 0.0% and then eventually they catch up with the actual number/display value that they should be at.

thanks,

Then take care of this lines in the Aircraft Type file in pmRJ folder (if you don't use a CDU).
you can just delete them or set them to your needs.

N1Init=4.3
N1Stable=20
N2Stable=59
N1StartupDelay=23
N2StartupDelay=55

N1Init = initial value of N1 after engine start
N1/N2Stable = stabalization after N1/N2StartupDelay (time in seconds)
The above would mean that the engines after engine start have N1=4.3 as fix and then they start to rise up to N1=20 (takes 23 seconds) and up to N2=59 (takes 55 seconds).
After that it may be jumps to the actually values of FS for N1 and N2 when they are not accurate set up (with the values above in the type file).
BUT if the Aircraft in FS is accurate enough there is no need to have this lines in and you can just remove the lines.

alaxus
01-13-2009, 04:39 AM

You get that to huh? i put it down to a busy network, so I have ignored it for the time being. Your right though it is getting quite annoying.
I have played with the aircraft file in the CDU heaps still doesn't do much.