PDA

View Full Version : CP flight and PM MCP

kenlie_no
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
well I finally got myself a pm suite!

It looks great except I cant connect my MCP from CPflight.

I have edited the ini file to the com port in use(port 11), checked HW.exe from cpflight works fine,all lights on but still no lights in the mcp when running in fs with pm sw.
I have also used the check utility from PM, says all is fine......

NOTE I had the driver from FSlabs for use with PMDG, but I have uninstalled it and booted the machine

some questions:

In general should PM mcp work on a default boeing in fs9, because it doesn't?

Does it matter where i have installed my PM sw on my fsmain pc, which I also use for projector 1?

Can I have the MCP on the same machine that runs wideserver? all other run wideclient (PMSYSTEMS,PFDND and Eicas)but off course the mcp doesn't need it its already on the fs machine...

all help is appreciated

Trevor Hale
12-18-2008, 11:26 AM
well I finally got myself a pm suite!

It looks great except I cant connect my MCP from CPflight.

I have edited the ini file to the com port in use(port 11), checked HW.exe from cpflight works fine,all lights on but still no lights in the mcp when running in fs with pm sw.
I have also used the check utility from PM, says all is fine......

NOTE I had the driver from FSlabs for use with PMDG, but I have uninstalled it and booted the machine

some questions:

In general should PM mcp work on a default boeing in fs9, because it doesn't?

Does it matter where i have installed my PM sw on my fsmain pc, which I also use for projector 1?

Can I have the MCP on the same machine that runs wideserver? all other run wideclient (PMSYSTEMS,PFDND and Eicas)but off course the mcp doesn't need it its already on the fs machine...

all help is appreciated

The CPflight MCP must plug into the same computer that has the PM MCP software on it.

You will not need the Cpflight software to run, PM MCP controlls the hardware directly.

Best regards,

Trev

kenlie_no
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
but it still doesnt connect to cpflight

Trevor Hale
12-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Do you have FSUIPC and wideclient installed and registered?

and also check that your batter power is on (otherwise the cpflight unit will be blank)

Trevor Hale
12-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Also, when fs is running, and you launch the pm mcp software you should see text that says in green at the top of the screen PM Mcp software loading.. Then you should read. CPflight Hardware starting up.

Additionally you should see a little red square on the pmmcp that flashes, as it is communicating the the cpflight hardware. if the little red cube is not flashing, then you do not have comms between the cpflight hardware and the PM MCP software.

Trev

kenlie_no
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
batery on , both fsuipc and wide is reg my name and real ones. and the red little thingy is flashing, but still no communication, this is frustrating......

kenlie_no
12-20-2008, 12:07 PM
After many days with frustration and agony I finally made it!

Tryed an tested everything, and today I downloaded the 738 model from Kitty.

Started the MCP from PM and Voila!, all my modules from CP flight and the MCP booted up like a Christmas tree, and it aint even cristmas day :).

wohoo happy again!

And now over to the FMC from Flyengravity..................

Trevor Hale
12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
What was the issue then?

Trev

kenlie_no
12-20-2008, 12:37 PM
well I am not 100% sure but it seems that def. Boeing from Fs9 didnt work at all with my CPflightmodules and PM, its strange, yes I know