PDA

View Full Version : Help with IOC USBKeys

gattg
12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi All

Have built and tested OC USBKeys card for use as an FMC with LevelD. All keys are operating correctly, but am unable to get anywhere with SIOC.

Have tried Nico's 'FMC767Keys.txt' but on importing get error -

Line: 386 Var 387 Static name LSKL1

Also tried the tutorial, but come to a halt when V6000 does not appear in the condition dropdown.

I must be missing something along the way, and would appreciate a nudge to start me off.

Many Thanks

Rob

barkay
12-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi Rob,

You ain't seen nothing yet :)

There are two important things to know when using this card;

1 - None of the assignments must be the same in flight sim unless you try using a command to really control it. For example G is for gear down and up. If you want to use this for say FMC once you press G you will see that your gear will move.

So you have to proevent it by deleting all keyboard commanda from simulator.

2 - All you key assignments in the sioc.ini file MUST match the key number you are sending. i.e. in your test program when you press a button you see that button number is displayed. So in SIOC.ini you have to assign that particular button number to that particular command.

Well, here is a little jumpstart for you, let me know the progress.

Best Regards,

barkay

gattg
12-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for that, but I'm still totally baffled by this - Trouble being I'm more a hardware person!

Been trying to get this to send to notepad first, before trying to interface it to the LevelD, but can't even manage that. Still can't understand where to start so am concentrating on only one button with one assignment to begin with.

What should the SIOC code be in order to achieve this?

I've searched through as many forums as I can but still to no avail.

Thanks

kiek
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Have tried Nico's 'FMC767Keys.txt' but on importing get error -

Line: 386 Var 387 Static name LSKL1

Hi Rob,
I'm sorry, but that script is for SIOC 3.6 (not yet released). It is indicated at the top of the script but you must have missed that.

I'm one of their beta testers and this new version was uploaded to my site by accident.

If you just remove the word Static (throughout the script) it will work with SIOC 3.5
Edit: I have changed the file at my site, please download again.

Regards,
Nico

gattg
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks Nico, thats done it, and I must have read that file a thousand times!

Now just to make it work with the lvlD!

Thanks again

Rob