PDA

View Full Version : in need of pilots input

pdpo
12-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Roberto,

if you got some minutes could you please read the thread (see link below) on the AST forum and see if you can add some info to it for us non-pilots.

Many many thanks
Peter Depoortere

http://www.airsimtech.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=356&PN=1

dodiano
12-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Do you like the Answer here or on the AST Forum??

Regards,

Roberto

pdpo
12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Roberto,

wow what a fast tuning in :) For me its the same but out of the thread I have the feeling
some participants there do not follow this forum. They are missing out on a ton of fun...
So if you post here I need to relay it to them....

Greetings Peter

dodiano
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
OK Firstly regarding Speed Brakes this is something Iwrote some time back:

Ok guys a word about Speed Brake, it is mainly used for increasing the Rate of descent in flight in case you get High, also of course it helps you to slow down... But on Jets you cannot go down and slow down... You go down and then slow down or you plan your descend and begin your descent before to get down slow or... if you are asked to mantain a speed in descent the speedbrakes help you mantain that speed and increase your rate of descent... For example yesterday in Miami they asked us to mantain 300 knots or less for spacing from FL 370... Now from that level down to 10,000 without speed brake you would not be able to mantain that speed and an apropiate descent so you use the speed brakes... So donīt think that when you apply it it will decel you immediatelly... Now I fly an Airbus and not a Boeing but it is the same for all planes.

Hope this helps a bit! By the way at 340kts Descent in OP DESCENT you can get up to 6000 FT a min specially if you use speed brakes... Of course after 6000 ft a min Vertical speed it will go to amber and you have to reduce your vertical speed...

About landing Lights.... The Landing gear is retracted and they are installed in the landing gear so that is why they only work when the gear is down...

Regards,

Roberto